Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just like the title says, I am in need of the side folding stock from the Para Ordnance Tactical Target Rifle. I am going to call them in the morning and see if I can get one. I think it will be exactly what I want without having to stack adapters. If I can't get one I am stuck trying to make a folding AR tube adapter for my VZ. Is anybody aware of other options that accept AR stocks and thread into AR buffer tube adapters, yet fold at the same time?

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Picture that stock

with this fore end.

I just wish I could find definitive proof that the above rail holds zero. Otherwise I am stuck with the Fab Defense aluminum Quad rail at $250.

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
Why not just cut off the vz stock and weld on a steel castle nut?

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Because I want it to fold. There are a shit ton of drop comb and straight stock adapters for the VZ that use AR tubes. None that fold (except ones that have stocks attached to them, or with shock absorbing tubes, and they are $$$).

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shouldn't this be in the Wanted thread? LOL
No. I am not trying to find somebody on here selling one.

Just called Para. They are $300 plus $10 shipping. Not sure I want to roll the dice on $300 for a stock I may or may not like. I can build a folding stock setup for $150, and that includes the buffer tube and stock.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does Ace make a VZ hinge?

Got a picture of the back end of that receiver?
No, they don't. ^ that is the closest thing I can come up with. I was going to try and figure out a way to machine a block that matches the back of the receiver, and TIG an AK folding adapter to it. I think ^that looks like cobbled together fuck.

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
I meant, use the VZ OEM stock and hinge. Cut off stock portion, and weld on a steel castle nut.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I meant, use the VZ OEM stock and hinge. Cut off stock portion, and weld on a steel castle nut.
You can't. There's not enough meat on it. Gimme a sec, I'm trying to post pictures.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
Does Ace make a VZ hinge?

Got a picture of the back end of that receiver?
The back of a VZ is just a solid slanted rectangle, with a big tapped hole, and an alignment groove. I could make an adapter plate quick.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here is what the mating surfaces look like. BIG bolt in the middle. Small tab locating it at the top. Sorry for the blurriness. It kept trying to focus on our hands.

Then you can see the folding mechanism. Like I said, not much meat there to weld to.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
I guess if you can't weld to the stub left after cutting off the OEM arm, then you have bigger problems.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I guess if you can't weld to the stub left after cutting off the OEM arm, then you have bigger problems.
I really don't want to cut up the original stock. Also, welding a buffer tube adapter to that would wind up looking dumb. The stock is only ~ 0.5"x0.25", so it's really NOT a whole lot to weld to. When folded there is ~ 3/8" clearance between the stock and receiver there at the hinge, so the ring would be offset, even if you welded the ring to a backing plate or something.
For $55, I'd try the airsoft one, personally.
If that airsoft stock will work then yeah, it would be a somewhat viable option. It is plastic and metal, so I am somewhat leery of it. Doubt it is high quality plastic and metal.

I am either going to use the Storwerkz or the NEA. The NEA has a small section of rail on it, and then you can use a cantilever mount off of that for a red dot.

Still trying to decide if I want to run my red dot on the front handguard or the rear over the dust cover. I think it would stay cleaner on the hand guard.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well, I just called the Airsoft place about that stock. He said it is all metal and flush mounts to the receiver, not to the buffer tube. The only question is, is it going to work. I don't know if I want to dick with it. Basically I would have to have a receiver adapter made, and then try to figure out how to attach the stock to that (weld, epoxy, duct tape...).

I called Z-M weapons, who is the designer for the TTR rifles. He quoted me $340 for the stock. Said Para bowed out of production (he licensed it to them), and he is doing it now. They (para) are liquidating their inventory, so if you wanted a TTR, now's the time.

What's nuts is, the other stock option for the VZ that uses a metal hinge is... $300. I pretty much have to do a receiver adapter/extension to use any of the buffer tubes or folding mechanisms, unless I modify one made for the AK, but then it won't match the rear receiver dimensions.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts