Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if I should post this here or in another Thread.

My brother and I co-own a 71.5 Aircraft Green FJ. I feel like it is being or was stolen from us. Well as an owner, we both joined the TLC club here in Atlanta. Well, at one of the meetings, another member met my brother and discused the repair of the FJ. I missed that and several of the meetings, but atteneded what I could. He took the land cruiser to this indivual who repaired these. He was to dis mantle, chem dip, then fix the body, paint and install our roll bar. My brother made $550. a month payments for 2 yrs while this guy was "working on it." I eventually got mad, hearing the excuses of how he hurt his back, lost his job and so-on. I wanted to see it. Well, We went to his shop where there were 5 in various stages of repair. He stated then, that he would be moving his shop to acworth ga, but did not have the address handy. Well, just seeing it I was relieved, now he states he has lost job #2 and is making every possible chance to work on it, here is his reply to a email my brother sent:
Sorry for the delay. I have been out of work since Aug. I have been out of town working on a project for a family member. My plans are to finish sand blasting and priming in the next several weeks. I am slowly saving for the replacement sheetmetal. So far, I am barely making rent. If I can gain some employment locally, progress will increase rapidly.

OK here is my reply:I understand, however, we have already paid you for the replacement sheet metal, the only stuff we have not paid for was the newer dash that had the radio slot, and the last agreed payment installment upon final delivery. I hope you are not telling me you spent our money on someone else's truck or other expenses? Cause that is what it sounds like your telling me. You should have all our money in a separate account just for our vehicle, correct?

I am trying to not come off as a jerk, but please see it where I am coming from. Jason wants me to give you a second chance, I want to see my attorney. I feel like I have already given you a second chance. But I informed him I would grant you another one, for NOW. But on one condition, I need some info from you. So I can contact you and keep in touch which means retuning my phone calls:

I need The address and phone number where our FJ40 is located:

Your home address, your Home Phone #, and your Cell #. And your personal email. That way I can get a hold of you at anytime. I really feel like you have avoided me., and I am a little angered by this.

My numbers are: 999-999-9999hm 999-999-9999cell My email is: [email protected]

This was in Jan. I have not recieved a call, or an Email and will not anwser or return my calls. And currently we do not know where he or the Lancruiser is located. All I know is my brother has maintained the insurance on it, but not the Tag (arg!!!!) Here is the info on the guy: His name is Kerry Pyle, his phone number is 404-681-4324 and his email was from:'[email protected]'

I am a nice guy, I want to give him a chance, feel like I have, it has been 5 yrs that he has had it. I did see it a year ago. But now what do I do? I need help. Should I report it stolen?:(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Man you are more patient then I am or anyone I have done work for. I would find him get my cruiser back and I hope you had some written estimate or written contract, if so hammer him 5yrs come on. I do a cruiser about every year to the frame and back up wether it is a restoration or wheeling rig. I think a year is to long but I also am deployed for 4-6 months of the year.

I would contact members of the club where you met him I bet someone there knows how to get ahold of him....:mad3:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts