Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slow to get done, but we feel worth it - the first small batch is done with more on the way.

4340 Chromoly
Additional material around ears and critical areas
Through Hardened AND Induction Hardened
Full Circle Clip machined
Ford and GM 35-spline Outers
10-Year Warranty

Attachments

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
pm me a price on a set.... thanks, jiMMy

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Jerk said:
pm me a price on a set.... thanks, jiMMy
Jimmy,

We just make 'em - our distributors can take care of the pricing and selling (I know you'll like the product, and the price is very competitive :) ) - try Bruce @ roundeyes.com, or PM me for a list of distributors.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Racing Ron said:
Slow but we feel worth it - the first small batch is done with more on the way.

4340 Chromoly
Additional material around ears and critical areas
Through Hardened AND Induction Hardened
Full Circle Clip machined
Ford and GM 35-spline Outers
10-Year Warranty
Nice!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
yeah, where do we get these? which official pirate vendors are distribs? Also, any idea on how long it will take to get shafts in-hand? I know people seem to be waiting months and months for D60 yukons...

j

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jekbrown said:
yeah, where do we get these? which official pirate vendors are distribs? Also, any idea on how long it will take to get shafts in-hand? I know people seem to be waiting months and months for D60 yukons...

j
They are limited in supply for now, but we have a bunch on the way. I'd say in about 45-60 days, we should have plenty of stock - for now, roundeyes.com has some on the way.

Ron

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
jekbrown said:

We're official and would be happy to get you the first production set out. (That's only outter shafts for Ford or Chevy) They can ship Monday. Email or call us first thing in the morning if possible.
Inners are a few weeks out. Since the price hasn't been set by the powers that be, I believe a front outter set might be a bit under 300.
Includes a 10 year no questions asked warranty.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
roundeye said:
jekbrown said:

We're official and would be happy to get you the first production set out. (That's only outter shafts for Ford or Chevy) They can ship Monday. Email or call us first thing in the morning if possible.
Inners are a few weeks out. Since the price hasn't been set by the powers that be, I believe a front outter set might be a bit under 300.
Includes a 10 year no questions asked warranty.
Outers in stock.

Inners are going to be "blanks" - 22" and 38", as well as finished lengths (when we can determine high enough volume lengths).

We do have "TJ Style" inners finished to go along with our Chromo D60 Rear shafts. These front inners are 35 spline and will make approx. a 63.5" (I'm at home and don't have the specific lengths here, but will edit Monday) wide front assembly. Available now!

Ron

·
Dummer'n Moose Poop
5,393 Posts
Tim84K10 said:
300 for a pair of outers only?
For what you're getting, that is fair.
Normal Spicer 35 spline outers are nearly $170-200/pair for reference purposes.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Thump said:
ouch. im payin 55 each for a 35sp spicer stub from a major dist.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
blk87K5 said:
You get what you pay for. Try pricing a set of CTM's cheap ass.

HAHAHA!!! Thats the truth! I like seeing new products built to be abused. I'll end up with a complete set of these in a few months. So I'm guessing that the inners will be somewhere between 300 - 400 a set???? $700 for a set of custom, tough as hell shafts that you can forget about while wheeling sounds like a damn good deal to me.

·
Banned
7,673 Posts
Thump said:
Spicers are not that expensive. I'm a small dealer and I can do MUCH better than that...sorry to hear you're paying too much.

blk87K5 said:
You get what you pay for. Try pricing a set of CTM's cheap ass.
You don't always get what you pay for in this business. I'm perfectly aware of what a set of CTMs go for, and further, I'm perfectly aware of what a set of Superiors for a D60 go for.

These ain't superiors, and these are untested. Until someone can lay down some tangible reason why they're far superior to products that cost less than half that (maybe by using a machine to break them and recording results) I'm not going to be convinced.

I trashed my D60 today. If I thought a $300 pair of outers would be severely better than a set of 4340 Yukons I'd be all over it...I'm not against spending money. A new, untested, unproven product going for that kind of money is unacceptable in my opinion.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tim84K10 said:
Spicers are not that expensive. I'm a small dealer and I can do MUCH better than that...sorry to hear you're paying too much.

You don't always get what you pay for in this business. I'm perfectly aware of what a set of CTMs go for, and further, I'm perfectly aware of what a set of Superiors for a D60 go for.

These ain't superiors, and these are untested. Until someone can lay down some tangible reason why they're far superior to products that cost less than half that (maybe by using a machine to break them and recording results) I'm not going to be convinced.

I trashed my D60 today. If I thought a $300 pair of outers would be severely better than a set of 4340 Yukons I'd be all over it...I'm not against spending money. A new, untested, unproven product going for that kind of money is unacceptable in my opinion.
I beleive they are going for "under $300".

What makes you think they're untested?

I'm backing them with a 10-year warranty - no questions asked, and they're every bit as good as any cromo D60 on the market, and better than your current set:

More material in the ears.

More material in the yoke.

Dual heat-treated.

No, they're not superiors (but every bit as good :) ). As a co-founder of West Coast Differentials with Randy from yukon 20 years ago; Co-founder and President of Superior until last year when I started Alloy USA - I think I have enough axles and gears under my belt to handle the testing, proven and acceptable test.

I appreciate your opinion and purchasing decision. It's all good, there is plenty of business for all of us.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
I know Ron and his back round in the axle biz, I also have 3 axle manufactures who advertise on PBB and even so I am telling ya that Ron has built an axle worth the asking price. comparing the price of a stock spice to any high performance axle is just silly, they are 2 diffrent anamials.apples to oranges

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.