Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to start writing your representatives.

SEC. 2. RESTRICTION ON MANUFACTURE, TRANSFER, AND POSSESSION OF CERTAIN SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS.

(a) RESTRICTION- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding after subsection (u) the following:

`(v)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to manufacture, transfer, or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.6257.IH:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Then do something and write your representatives.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have, Weeman - e-mails, letters, and I speak to my peers as often as possible. You should see the legislation secion on my hunting forum...it's the hot ticket right now. We're even contacting the NRA to find out why money isn't being spent, and why the "new news" is still the S.F. hand gun ban being overturned.

Plus, there's like 5 other things worth writing about right now too. It just sucks. Nothing was happening a year ago and then...BAM.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I have, Weeman - e-mails, letters, and I speak to my peers as often as possible. You should see the legislation secion on my hunting forum...it's the hot ticket right now. We're even contacting the NRA to find out why money isn't being spent, and why the "new news" is still the S.F. hand gun ban being overturned.

Plus, there's like 5 other things worth writing about right now too. It just sucks. Nothing was happening a year ago and then...BAM.
I need Cardoza's e-mail address. Last on my list....

·
Registered
499 Posts
I need Cardoza's e-mail address. Last on my list....
He's not even my guy, brotha. They won't even let you send e-mails to the reps when you're not in their district. He's San Joaquin - your area.

U.S. Representatives
Dennis A. Cardoza, 18th District
2222 M. Street, #305
Merced, CA 95340-3729
(209) 383-4455 (Merced)
(209) 527-1914 (Modesto)
www.cardoza.house.gov
435 Cannon House Office Bldg.
Washington, D.C. 20515
(202) 225‑6131
FAX- (202) 225‑0819

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I don't own any semi-automatic assault weapons.

They are all Semi automatic hunting weapons... :flipoff2:

Look at the list. It includes a lot more than "assault weapons"... 10/22 is on the list. Forming up some letters this weekend to fight this BS :mad3:

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Look at the list. It includes a lot more than "assault weapons"... 10/22 is on the list. Forming up some letters this weekend to fight this BS :mad3:
Yep here you go:mad3::mad3:

SEC. 6. APPENDIX A TO SECTION 922 OF TITLE 18.

Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following appendix:

`APPENDIX A

·
Registered
652 Posts
well I messed up, time for me to get more sleep atleast

(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--
"(i) is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action;"

Also way to be more respectful in here than in the General Chat, thats starting to get out of hand.

·
Registered
197 Posts
(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

`(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or duplicates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this section

you listed all the weapons that this doesn't apply to

·
Registered
197 Posts
this is what they want to ban

The term `semiautomatic assault weapon' means--

`(A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms in any caliber, known as--

`(i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);

`(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;

`(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);

`(iv) Colt AR-15;

`(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;

`(vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;

`(vii) Steyr AUG;

`(viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and

`(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;

`(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon ;

`(iii) a bayonet mount;

`(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

`(v) a grenade launcher;

`(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

`(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

`(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

`(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

`(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

`(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and

`(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon ;

`(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and

`(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'.

it's not that hard to read is it???

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
holy fucking retarded

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Okay.... they wanna ban granade launchers???? seriously???? since WHEN THE FUCK has anyone ever commit a crime with a granade launcher? Unless youre doing some really shady black markey shit... all you can get is bird bangs and parachutes flares!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
31) The term `large capacity ammunition feeding device'--

`(A) means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device manufactured after the date of enactment of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition
So if this did get past, does this mean that any post ban mag that takes more then 10 rounds would become illegal?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts