Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
So I got a letter back from my congressman and he referred to this bill http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1022 and some other statistics that congress found. Facts pointed to only 1-2% increase in crimes with the ban in place with these "assault type weapons" He also states that he felt it was our right as citizens to bear arms........:smokin:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Reply from Randy Forbes(VA):

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about gun control legislation and the right to bear arms. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts on this matter with me.

As you know, the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads: "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." While others may disagree, the plain language of this Amendment guarantees the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear the arms of their choice. I am strongly opposed to limitations on the United States Constitution's Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners. While no one condones the purchase and use of guns by felons or other high-risk individuals to perpetrate any crime, we must not improperly hamper the right of law-abiding citizens to bear or purchase arms.

The key to curbing the unlawful use of firearms is the stricter enforcement of existing laws. There are about 20,000 firearms laws already on the books in this country. To prevent crime, we must fully enforce those laws already on the books. I am disappointed to see that the laws currently being considered by Congress are merely an attempt to make people feel more secure without providing any real security.

As a member of the House Judiciary Committee, which has primary jurisdiction over gun control legislation, you may be assured that I will continue to pay very close attention to the continuing debate on gun ownership rights. I will not waiver in my convictions on these issues.

As your Representative in Congress, I appreciate your input in this matter. As always, if I may be of assistance to you on this, or any other issue, please feel free to contact me in my Washington DC office at (202) 225-6365 or online at http://randyforbes.house.gov. With kind personal regards, I am

Yours truly,

J. Randy Forbes

Member of Congress

·
Registered
11,603 Posts
From Rep Louie Gohmert

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun rights. I appreciate the benefit of your views on this issue. I oppose additional gun control and feel that current gun laws should be enforced so that firearms are kept out of the hands of criminals.

The Constitution's Second Amendment means what it says: A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Whether one uses a firearm for hunting, sport shooting, personal protection, or another lawful reason, the Second Amendment clearly protects our individual right to keep and bear arms. I will work to support the rights of gun owners who use firearms responsibly while working to punish those who break the law.

Once again, thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate having the opportunity to serve you in the United States House of Representatives.
:usa:

41 - 43 of 43 Posts