Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New basket case SJ 410?

Picked up a ...I believe a 1984 SJ410. At least from looking at the owners manual. I can't find a data plate on it. This is my first zuk so i'm looking to get it on the trail quick!!
My problem is the TC was already out and appears like they tried to disassemble...a couple years ago.
So I pull it apart and look at everything. It all looks good. I can only assume it was the shifter sheet that was causing the problem...which I have not found the old sheet yet? And they may have tried to just force the shift and got it jammed.
So my problem is I need an exploded view of the TC so I can see if every thing is here like it's supposed to be.
It also appears to missing one output flange nut. It does have 12mm flange bolts.

If anyone has the diagrams please shoot me a copy.
navyptc at yahoo dot com
Thanks.

PS check my location..I'm not local!

And I do use the search button. no help this time for diagrams or exploded views?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
If you'd like someone here to send you a haynes or chilton's manual on it just ask. they retail here for about 17 bucks. Or if you'd like my used OEM Suzuki service manual..... it's for the Samurai and the t'cases are the same design exactly, so the views will work. Usually you just need to line up the forks one at a time with the shifter, then put the shifter in place on a new "sheet". PM me if you need a service manual. jd

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
ps. I'm in real tight with a bolt shop here. My girlfriend's dad own it.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the offer.
I may need some of the bolt assist before this is over!!

I spent some time yesterday printing off some of the more common chapters from the online manual. The TC looks the same.
I'll start matching up parts tonight and see what I'm missing.

I'm thinking about ditching the carb and building an adapter for the GM TBI like I did for this 4 cyl.

I really don't like carbs anymore!!!

Anyone got a couple good pics of the EFI distr? inside and out?
Is it a magnetic pick up? that would make the swap a little easier!!

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts