Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walker Evans has been working on a new Beadlock wheel. It's cast as a single wheel, not a welded on rig. The first run is being cast now and will be a 17" size. Here is a pic of the prototype wheel. If you at SEMA this week you will see them at the show under the Hummer sitting on the new 40" GoodYear tires.

These wheels are going to retail for about $260 so they will cost about the same as current alum rims with beadlocks installed. One more cool feature is they are moving the valve stem inboard so it won't get pulled off on the rocks.

Here it is...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
chris what lug patterns will he have them in ? i was going to run a set of robby gordon beadlocks that are built the same way but those look worth considering.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
What Camo said-

Mog patterns? Volvo 303 Patterns? Looks like a great idea.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
camo said:
chris what lug patterns will he have them in ? i was going to run a set of robby gordon beadlocks that are built the same way but those look worth considering.
The rim above is drilled for a Hummer but Walker has his own CNC equipment so the plan is to cast undrilled wheels, then he can drill the stud holes to any common pattern as needed. He expects to have the 17" size in the next two months.

Here is one of his shop toys...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
So what offset?

And is there a flat surface on the mount surface large enough to allow for a 8.25" diameter pattern?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Nice looking wheel. Now if I could only get the whole 40" tire wheel combo.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Eight Lug, nice.....

I'm also in for knowing what backspacings he'll have available. The rim you're showing looks pretty shallow faced, like say 5" BS on a 8" rim.

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
I saw the wheel on Friday night at Walker's shop...a really nice product they have there. They will also be offering a wider rock ring and it will be offered as a modular 3-piece ring. Don't know the benefit to that but Walker's wife, Phyllis, said some people had asked for that and that you could even anodise each section a different color...pretty psycadelic!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.