Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm am planning to dive into the project of putting the Bronco M210 front diff with locker into my ranger. I don't think its worth putting a locker in the stock aluminum case M190.

Right now I'm planning to by the Bronco M210 driveshaft and modify it and my current ranger driveshaft to make it work. Have a lathe and welder.
Also planning to buy the bronco CV shafts and see if the ranger Axles shafts will fit into them, if not will be stuck with custom axles.

But I'm not real certain were the extra with of the bronco comes from, I think it just in the wheel offset.

If this front diff is wider than the ranges I would not want to mess with it if it is.
Dimension X measures about 23 1/8" on my ranger.

Does anyone have a new Bronco they could measure? ...and take parts out and send them to me to look at.
Can anyone confirm that the width of the Bronco front diff is the same with of a ranger?

1642121337599.png

Advertisement

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just searching online I found this. I’m sure you did too.

That is what I'm hoping to buy. I think much stronger than stock and only a little more money buy the time you buy and ARB and gears. But I cant find anywhere showing the width. I think the mounts would be easy enough to modify if needed. but I think the Ranger and Bronco share most of the frame so I suspect it will bolt in.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Buy the Spicer Aftermarket M210 FDU that is coming out soon. The bracket on the tube is in a different location from the Bronco and your Ranger. Same height, but moved inward 44.5mm (1.75in) on the Bronco. Also, the bracket integrated in the cover (the front bracket) has a bushing that is 11.05mm wider to the pass. side than the new Bronco/Ranger. This solves both of those with a flip bracket on the tube and a spacer for the front bracket.

Benefits of the Spicer over first gen T6 Ranger OE M190:
All iron Carrier, Cover, and Tube.
Can be ordered with gear ratios all the way up to 5.38 (these do not fit in the OE housing), including all OE ratios.
Fits first and second gen T6 Ranger, and Bronco.
Comes with high angle CV shafts.
32 spline side gears vs. 29 spline OE.
Solid bushings for better torque loading vs. your current Ranger slotted bushings.
Larger bolts connect the upper bracket to the carrier vs. the M190.
Is plug and play if you have the wiring for a factory ELD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buy the Spicer Aftermarket M210 FDU that is coming out soon. The bracket on the tube is in a different location from the Bronco and your Ranger. Same height, but moved inward 44.5mm (1.75in) on the Bronco. Also, the bracket integrated in the cover (the front bracket) has a bushing that is 11.05mm wider to the pass. side than the new Bronco/Ranger. This solves both of those with a flip bracket on the tube and a spacer for the front bracket.

Benefits of the Spicer over first gen T6 Ranger OE M210 and M190:
Can be ordered with gear ratios all the way up to 5.38 (these do not fit in the OE housing), including all OE ratios.
Solid bushings for better torque loading vs. your current Ranger slotted bushings.
I have a 2019 US ranger. I was thinking the T6 was a totally different drive train?

If the Bronco FDU is different than the US Ranger I don't think the aftermarket Spicer one would would either. I cant image there would be the market to make one for US ranger - It might be Just Me and a one other guy who thought the Tacoma was to slow, overpriced, and overrated so they bought a ranger.

I know the Bronco is a wider track width than the US ranger. But I thought they shared the same frame except rear suspension. So I was hoping they have the same width FDU and the extra width was just in wheel offset and/or control arm lengths.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I have a 2019 US ranger. I was thinking the T6 was a totally different drive train?

If the Bronco FDU is different than the US Ranger I don't think the aftermarket Spicer one would would either. I cant image there would be the market to make one for US ranger - It might be Just Me and a one other guy who thought the Tacoma was to slow, overpriced, and overrated so they bought a ranger.

I know the Bronco is a wider track width than the US ranger. But I thought they shared the same frame except rear suspension. So I was hoping they have the same width FDU and the extra width was just in wheel offset and/or control arm lengths.
It will fit. I designed it, as well as did work on the OE Gen 1 and Gen 2 FDUs

The latest M210 will not bolt in. As mentioned, there is differences in the mounting.

There are a few other changes from the 2019-2020(1) Ranger and the Bronco/newest Ranger slightly in the frame and front suspension.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

[/QUOTE

Buying an OE M210 will also fit, just doesn't have as many benefits as the Spicer. Also keep in mind that you have to get a 2019-2020 M210. The latest M210 will not bolt in. As mentioned, there is differences in the mounting.

There are a few other changes from the 2019-2020(1) Ranger and the Bronco/newest Ranger slightly in the frame and front suspension.
Awsome! Thanks for the info.
That makes a lot of sense to wait for the after market spicer especially if it’s a bolt into the ranger too and there’s no fab work. I would like to go slightly lower than 4.70 too. The wait may be tough, I’m a little scared they don’t even come out with the 2019-2020 model and skip right to the new generation thinking there may be more demand for it?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts

The latest (Bronco) M210 will not bolt in. As mentioned, there is differences in the mounting.

Third times a charm, hopefully.
The Spicer Aftermarket FDU will bolt directly into your vehicle. The Bronco FDU from Ford Performance Parts will not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts