Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Buggy--pics updated 3/26

Just finished the new buggy. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a treaser:

Engine: 502 Ram Jet, March Performance Pulleys, Be-Cool Cooling System, Aeromotive Fuel System, A.Z. Sport & Marine Computers Calibration, 680 hp with 650 ft/lbs. of torque

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
Looks killer, but I have to ask, why did you bend the front "windshield" spreader without another support? That's just asking to bend down to the dash in a roll.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 more pic and some info
Will be running Jellico tommorrow 3/15/03 at the Southern 4 Wheel Drive Quarterly Meeting. Along with the Jeep in the next picture......

Year: 2003
Make: FB Fabworks Competition Tube Chassis
Model: Fat Bastard III

Engine: 502 Ram Jet, March Performance Pulleys, Be-Cool Cooling System, Aeromotive Fuel System, A.Z. Sport & Marine Computers Calibration, 680 hp with 650 ft/lbs. of torque
Exhaust: Jenkins Auto 3 1/2" ceramic coated bullet kit

Drivetrain:

Gears 4.10
Front Axle: Dana 60-Locked, 35 spline inner/outer shafts, FB Hub Flanges, FB/Wilwood Disc Brakes, FB diff guard
Transmission: TH 700 R4, TCI reverse manual valve body, B&M 10' convertor - deep pan - shifter
Transfer Case: Atlas 3.8 - 32 spline, Klune V 2.73 w/FB Shifters, High Anlge 1410 yokes and driveshafts
Rear Axle: 14 Bolt-Locked, FB/Wilwood Disc Brakes, FB diff guard

Suspension:
Lift: Coil-Over

Shocks: Bilstien 17" Coil-Overs w/ Hypercoil springs. FB 4-link front/rear, FK bearing rod ends. FB rear anti-rock bar

Other Mods: FB Hydraulic Steering

Tires and Wheels: 44" Swampers (grooved), 15x8 Allied Bead-locks w/ Bulletproof Billit Rings

Trail Mods:
CNC cutting brakes, Wilwood dual master cylinders, Triangle Engineering 20 Fuel Cell
Winch: Warn M8000

Electrical: Optima Yellow Top w/ FB Billet Battery Box
Roll Cage: FB full tube chassis
Harnesses: M&R 5 points
Other Mods: FB Stealth Hood, Aluminum Body Panel, Powder Coated Chassis
Stereo: Can't hear it, if I had it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,760 Posts
tjs80cj said:
Another of the Jeep....
WOW, never seen such a "TIT", tight YJ... makes my 36's look like donuts, you just added to my list of things to shoot for

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Im4yotas said:
Looks killer, but I have to ask, why did you bend the front "windshield" spreader without another support? That's just asking to bend down to the dash in a roll.

Could you answer this?
It does appear to be bent down towards the engine compartment without a tube that supports it. Is this an optical alusion? or was that planned?

Other than that, Nice rig.

Ps, the Jeep is sweeeeeeeet!

·
Registered
838 Posts
:D Wow...both rigs are kickass!!!! Where do you get the beadlock rings? I have 32 bolt Allieds and need those rings. Great work and I bet that BB 502 sounds sweet in the woods.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Nice rig.

That is a "no budget" drivetrain....for sure.
502 - atlas - klune

650 ft lbs tq at flyweel x 3.8 (atlas) x 2.73 (klune) = fawkin serious force.

rock on

1 - 20 of 93 Posts