Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don' know if i should use the term truggy cause there won't be very many parts from of My old truck used.
The sheet metal has gotten so rusty it would unsafe in a crash/rollover. So i stopped driveing it a few years ago.
The ONLY OEM sheet metal I'm using is 2/3rds of the floor of the cab, firewall, part of the hood and windshield frame.
I do plan on using the truck Frame (LWB) and stock type (Not Height) suspension.
For parts it has a 400 with a NP435/NP205 I ordered some 4.88 gears and have a Detroit locker for the 9 inch rear and Lock right for the High pinion 44 front that I have had a on a shelf for a very long time.
I do have a old Lift Master lift kit for parts on a extra Frame that I have. I Think it is a 4 inch lift.
The other Frame has the Quad shock front end. The lift Master Shocks say "Invader F9" Can't find any info on them on if they were cheepos or Good stuff. I've got 35 inch tires for the thing. I guess i'm gonna find out when i test it out how this lift Mast suspension works.
I just flipped the rear spring hangers on the back. It gave me almost 2 inches of lift in the back and let me cut the frame over hang by 5 inches.
It is going to be a 4 seater with a Fuel cell and dual batts in the rear.
once i get the driveline sorted out I have someone local that can build me a Cage.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don' know if i should use the term truggy cause there won't be very many parts from of My old truck used.
The sheet metal has gotten so rusty it would unsafe in a crash/rollover. So i stopped driveing it a few years ago.
The ONLY OEM sheet metal I'm using is 2/3rds of the floor of the cab, firewall, part of the hood and windshield frame.
I do plan on using the truck Frame (LWB) and stock type (Not Height) suspension.
For parts it has a 400 with a NP435/NP205 I ordered some 4.88 gears and have a Detroit locker for the 9 inch rear and Lock right for the High pinion 44 front that I have had a on a shelf for a very long time.
I do have a old Lift Master lift kit for parts on a extra Frame that I have. I Think it is a 4 inch lift.
The other Frame has the Quad shock front end. The lift Master Shocks say "Invader F9" Can't find any info on them on if they were cheepos or Good stuff. I've got 35 inch tires for the thing. I guess i'm gonna find out when i test it out how this lift Mast suspension works.
I just flipped the rear spring hangers on the back. It gave me almost 2 inches of lift in the back and let me cut the frame over hang by 5 inches.
It is going to be a 4 seater with a Fuel cell and dual batts in the rear.
once i get the driveline sorted out I have someone local that can build me a Cage.
Post up some pics as you go

1 - 2 of 2 Posts