Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold

I have a new in box Chris Durham TJ hood that is not going to be used on my project. This is the same hood seen and featured throughout the newest issue of JP magazine July 2008, pg. 25 pg 36 is Chris' personal Jeep. New cost from Chris is $350.00 plus freight.

I am willing to sell this one for $350 SHIPPED in conus. Chris ships them via fed ex ground for $100.00

If you want to pick it up; I will store it for as long as needed and knock of another $50.00. Located in Lubbock, TX 79464 Opened the box and confirmed it was in good shape other then that it is unused.

[email protected]

I'd also trade the hood for 5.13 gears for a 14 bolt, 5.13 HP 60, lockers for either, Ford dana 60 truss with ram mount, full hydro parts, pressed Hummer centers, 40"x16.5 tires. I have a whole laundry list of needed parts.

Paypal Accepted

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
406 is who got me hooked on this product. He has some great pictures. I can email you one of the hood forsale if you like.

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680948

The hood is stock width and fits the standard TJ platform. It is marked for factory hinges, footmans loop even the washer nozzels.

It does have fiberglass strands in the hood. It is not what I would call a "fibergalss hood" just because I have never seen one like this. Most fiberglass resins are hard and brittle. This is not. It has a standard gelcoat top finish that would be ready for paint with a decent shot of high build primer. I think the main difference is in the resins he uses.

The hood is much lighter and thinner then any fiberglass hood I have seen before. It is super flexible also. I think the hood weighs less then the box it came in.

This is the quote from JP. "The high-clearance hoods offered by Chris Durham motorsports aren't fiberglass like your used to. The hoods are built from a flexible plastic that can bend up to 45 degrees before cracking for an added measure of clearance and flexibility."

You can also call Chris himself if you like now that JP magazine made his number public I do not think he will mind me posting it. 864-420-1274

·
Owner TWF
9,235 Posts
:grinpimp:Bump for a KILLER deal and a [email protected]$$ hood:grinpimp:

For sale by a great guy too. You won't go wrong with this hood if you are looking to cut some weight and make room for bigger tires.

·
Registered
366 Posts
You mentioned your looking for a locker for a 14B? I just pulled a detroit out to install an ARB. Would you be interested in a trade?

·
Owner TWF
9,235 Posts
Someone buy his hood. This is a deal. :eek:

The pic above is what they show up like out of the box. Here is what they look like on a rig.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is now a few people that all have said they want this hood at various times and places, on the posts, on PM's etc. etc. Some wanted trades, some wanted reduced pricing. Overall lots of people have said they want the hood or thought they might want it but none have paid. In order to be fair.

If you really want the hood it needs to be paid for via PayPal. My email and PayPal payment address is [email protected] the first person that actually pays for the hood will get it, no more promises to pay when you win the lotto. I will post here when someone has paid for the hood. Until then the hood is open to anyone that can make payment.

It is $350.00 Shipped in the continental US.

·
Owner TWF
9,235 Posts
I'm happy you got it sold but that dude just got a great deal:flipoff2:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm happy you got it sold but that dude just got a great deal:flipoff2:
I had it sold 3 times but people never did pay:shaking: So inevitably someone will get all rolled up and pissed because I didn't wait longer for them to pay. But money talks and I needed it sold.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Damn holidays. I decided to wait until after the weekend and then the work week started off busy as hell. :( I would have set it up on the top shelf and not installed it until next winter. Oh well, I'm glad you got it sold to someone that will use it. I ain't pissed though, I understand that a deal is NEVER final until someone hands you money.

Congrats

1 - 16 of 16 Posts