Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I replied to the other post also. I think mine is starting to go also. Not a complaint by any means. I love the top!

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Easy to repair, from the man that can make a new hood from a washing machine, while wearing flipflops.J/K Hijack, I would love to have one of the 45 tops, the pics I have seen look outstanding. What is the procedure to get one.

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
I am impressed that you are taking such a proactive approach to the first sign of trouble. Doubly impressed to commit it to a public forum. This is a first-rate business practice, regardless of outcome. Keep it up. :)

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Ehsan, I'll take a look at my two tops sometime this week and report back. What's gonna be the "fix it" procedure?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Chef, they gotta go outside the garage to be used in the elements!
And fix it procedure would probably mean going to the boat repair shop, stitching in new filler material, probably not of a rope material but maybe a thick foam strip?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Hey, at least mine's on a rig that ain't on jackstands pard :flipoff2:
I'd replace the hemp rope (smoke 'em if you got 'em boys) with nylon rope...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Great, dont think in any way I dont love the top. It runs rings around the kayline repo! I am just glad you have offered to step up and make them. it will take a while to work out all the kinks.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
ehsankiani said:
I will post a comprehensive,easy to do,pictorial replacement thread here so you guys dont have any trouble..
Thanks
Ehsan
Excellent!

Wait...does this mean you're not gonna fly out here and fix it for me in my driveway?

:flipoff2:

You know I'm kidding, right? Got any other cool new cruiser stuff?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Ehsan, Flights to Atlanta are cheap. You could come to the shop and work for a while to offset the cost of your trip!

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
chef said:
Just to clarify, you're saying the rope inside the canvas went bad, or the material the top is made out of?
Just the part (made from canvas) that slides into the retainer on the windsheild, I believe.. I have not recievd any complaint about the material the top is made of and I dont expect to either..
:)Ehsan

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
ehsankiani said:
I got this complaint from one of the buyers about the top.. Anyone else had the same complaint?
recently found the canvas that holds the rope section at the windshield frame and above both doors has become rotten and will need to be replaced!!!
Thanks
Ehsan
Got mine from someone else and it came that way, about 1 inch of the "rope" torn. Still useable a this point though!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Ehsan,
Have you given any thought to making a softtop for early 4-Runners, that have the removeable hardtop?
A friend expressed interest in one for his '85 4-Runner, so I told him I would ask. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts