Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new deck = 50watt rms pr corner supossedly?

My friend said I could use the front ans rear RCA cabbels and the front and rear factory speaker wires too,

**so if this is true on my 4Runner,I could run the front deck speaker wires too the 4" factory location then the

rear deck speakers to the 6x9's in the 6x9 boxes?

then run a MED sized Amp off the RCA for rear and run a 12" Woofer box

then off the other :front RCA's run some 6.25" KAPPA in doors off a amp too.

IS this possible or what ?

oh and if not how do you run a 4"35watt speaker and a 100Watt 5.25"off the same corner, Deck POS- and NEG- wires:and still not upset the 4 ome balance/deck can run 4 to 8 ome!

Just positve from 1st spker to pos- of last speaker,Negative to negative to last,????

I hope thia all is understandable.

HELP

1st new deck for me in like 10 years,
keep in mind this is deck power ,Not off amp for this LAST Question.:eek: above.

Helpfull info ONLY wanted:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OH and both AMP's are only 2 Channel amps

200W kenwood

and a 175W big blue one.hope to put the blue one under driver seat.

Kenwood amp is under her seat and mounted allready.

Dont tell me i need a 4 channel amp ,or do I ???

·
Cranky Moderator
7,366 Posts
4RUNNERJADE said:
I have a new deck = 50watt rms pr corner supossedly?
Jade, no deck puts out 50wrms per channel, maybe 10 to 15 rms max. It's deciving, but if a deck says 4 channel 200w, it's peak watts, IE distorted watts

My friend said I could use the front ans rear RCA cabbels and the front and rear factory speaker wires too,

**so if this is true on my 4Runner,I could run the front deck speaker wires too the 4" factory location then the

rear deck speakers to the 6x9's in the 6x9 boxes?
Yes, true, but, waste of time IMO, I would forget about hooking 'em up if your gona do a sub and good fronts, maybe the rears for a little fill, but I'd bag the fronts

then run a MED sized Amp off the RCA for rear and run a 12" Woofer box

Yes, but make sure it is set with a low pass crossover, approx in the range of 80 to 100 Hz

then off the other :front RCA's run some 6.25" KAPPA in doors off a amp too

IS this possible or what ?.

Yes, but for this one, use a high pass crossover, in the 80 to 100Hz up range, IE, it picks up where the low pass left off

oh and if not how do you run a 4"35watt speaker and a 100Watt 5.25"off the same corner, Deck POS- and NEG- wires:and still not upset the 4 ome balance/deck can run 4 to 8 ome!

Just positve from 1st spker to pos- of last speaker,Negative to negative to last,????

I hope thia all is understandable.

HELP

1st new deck for me in like 10 years,
keep in mind this is deck power ,Not off amp for this LAST Question.:eek: above.

Helpfull info ONLY wanted:
Well, Your screwed either way IMO, if you run them in parellel, they will be 2 ohms to the deck, which wants 4 ohms (Unless the deck specs say it's 2 ohm stable, which is doubtful). If you run them in series, now your at 8 ohms, and lose half the power of the deck, which alredy does not have much. If you just stick with the amps, using the bigest one bridged to run the sub, and the little one for the fronts set up they way I said, and then properly tune the gains and the crossovers, it will sopund ammazing with just the 3 speakers.

Now I'm locking this thread because this is not a Car Stereo tech site, so consider this a big favor you got an answer and lets stick to hardcore offroad related tech from now on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.