Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 306 Posts

· Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The show is OCC meets OSR. Just started seeing commercials on it and there was a trailer on youtube, but apparently it's gone now?

Sons of Guns

Red Jacket is one of the bigger names in S12 conversions (among other things). He is all over S12forum.com.

They definitely make some cool looking stuff. As a bonus his daughter is apparently pretty hawt:D Although I have not seen pics, or confirmed her to be of a age to legally consider her for hawtness status.

A suppressed SBS S12, would be a fun toy! $2500 seems a touch high, but not unreasonable.

Red Jacket

*edit* It looks like two of the episodes focus on S12 builds, one on the commercial is a LE request S12/AR breacher combo.

Cheers

Vince

· Registered
5,396 Posts
A few people from Red Jacket are on the local board, including Will (the owner). He makes some cool stuff and has reasonably priced suppressors. They were hoping the name of the show would get changed to something less ghey, guess not.

I know that some stuff about the shop got changed for this show. The real RJ wasn't/isn't a retail store, but apparently the producers wanted to show Will interacting with "customers", so they built a store front.

· Registered
5,396 Posts
So it premiered last night. I thought it was a little staged, but entertaining. The girlfriend liked it, so that makes it a success in my book.

· Registered
12,362 Posts
Well...looked a lot lke AxMen with guns...came off as pretty recockulous IMO. We know who has the money backing the place(cannon buyer with white beard) as there was no real reason for him to show up and get air time that had nothing to do with the rest of the show, except get viewers pulled in.

I was thinking of swamp man logging the whole show

· Premium Member
903 Posts
I didn't mind it. It all seemed pretty legit. The only part that really made gun owners look stupid is when he shot the 203 in the air a couple times. (looks like they're in city limits and he mentioned something about the neighbors "putting up with him").

Since it seems like they love S12s, it'll def increase S12 sales.

Abrams

· Registered
4,559 Posts
I didn't mind it. It all seemed pretty legit. The only part that really made gun owners look stupid is when he shot the 203 in the air a couple times. (looks like they're in city limits and he mentioned something about the neighbors "putting up with him").

Abrams
X2, I thought that was a jackass move but since it wasn't an incendiary or explosive round it would fall under the same as shooting a flare gun off I would think.

· no strings on me
3,875 Posts
I like the show, but hate the negative image that will be associated with it.

I am sure that Will is a great, and brilliant, person. But Joe and Jane on-the-fence-about-gun-rights will have a bad taste in their mouth over it.

I hope that the keep LEO's in the show though to cement the image that everything he is doing is legit and endorsed by law enforcement.

I'd love to have one of their Krink repoduction cans and one of their S12's...but I will do my own S12 work for now.

(I, I, I....LOL)

· Registered
5,396 Posts

Abrams
They're not in Baton Rouge proper, they're up around Baker or Zachary, though I'm not sure if they're in the city limits or not. Sooo. . . it may or may not be legal for them to do what they did. ETA: Not that anyone would bother to find out whether or not what they did was illegal before using it against gun owners. And just to clarify, it was a 37mm flare launcher, not a real m203.

· Registered
412 Posts

· Registered
5,396 Posts
Please place mancard over there....*points*

:flipoff2:

I was up and down with my opinions on the show. I foresee this increasing S12 sales though (maybe). It's set to DVR and I'll probably watch another episode.
You're right, it sucks having a smoking hot girlfriend who wants to watch shows about guns.

· Premium Member
903 Posts
They're not in Baton Rouge proper, they're up around Baker or Zachary, though I'm not sure if they're in the city limits or not. Sooo. . . it may or may not be legal for them to do what they did. ETA: Not that anyone would bother to find out whether or not what they did was illegal before using it against gun owners. And just to clarify, it was a 37mm flare launcher, not a real m203.
I guess I didn't realize it wasn't a 203, I just heard him say it and went with it. Not that it matters in the eyes of anyone wanting to complain about it. And I didn't really care if it was legal, it just looked dumb.

From YellowIH "I hope that the keep LEO's in the show though to cement the image that everything he is doing is legit and endorsed by law enforcement."... I liked that part too, glad they did that.

His daughter annoyed the shit out of me btw.

-Abrams

1 - 20 of 306 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.