Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone used this new product from Downey? I am soon to the stage of needing a VSS and this looks quick and easy. It seems easier that going through the speedo output and getting all of the correct cables. Link below. What do you guys think?

LANDCRUISER RELUCTOR RING

This new kit includes a 40 tooth Reluctor Ring which has been pressed onto a new rear spacer tube. The spacer tube mounts onto the tail end of the transfer-case input shaft, behind the rear bearing. A new 6 bolt rear inspection cover is included, it has been configured to house GM Vehicle Speed Sensor #15547452 (not included). By putting the Reluctor Ring behind the transfer-case, we no longer care what you put in front of the transfer-case!

http://www.downeyoff-road.com/Catalog/index.htm

It is under engine components and then Vehicle speed sensors, engine conversions
Greg

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I didn't use that one. I did use the one that screws into your speedo cable for a TBI. It worked pretty well. I did have a problem but they warrantied it. The speedo cable ones are also available from Jags that Run and they are made by Stealth conversions (they are who did the warranty for me). The reluctor ring is supposedly better.

·
Old Rock Doc
1,782 Posts
This is definitely the best way to install a VSS on the Cruiser transfer case. I think the Downey unit shoud work well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts