Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just painted my hood over the weekend. Two cans of Hammer-Right (or what ever it's called). I think it turned out great.

I painted the front black on Sat night. On suday, I took the flame grill out of my truck, and propped it up perpendicular to the ground. The sun reflected a nice little flame pattern that wasn't so consistant and boring as the real thing. So I traced it onto some manila folders I taped together...cut it out...what a good pattern (I think).

Next I taped up the black section of my hood...overlayed the pattern, and cut it out with a box knife...you know the rest of the story...what do you guys think????

I am not super big into flames, but I still think they're cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, and I took a shot of my overhead console...

The new cruiser is coming together....little by little.

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
F'n sweet!! I'm gonna put some flames on my new (first) tow rig (71 ford wagon!!) and was wondering what to use as a template, guess that answers that question. I've already scored some Bling Bling wheels for it too (free), OH YEAH! I'll post pics soon.
Kyle

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey I see you have a Ranger 2950 or is it a2975. Nice CB. The only problem I see is that it is too delicate of a CB for an outdoor truck. I have run one in my one ton for years. The damn back lighting on the screen goes out. Easy to fix but it's a pain. KICK BUT CB though:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I jusr read my post and I forgot to say sweet cage I like how you put your "instrument panel" Looks cool. I like the grab bar. cool flames. I should be getting my cage this week.:usa: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let me try this again...my computer just shut down twice!

Yea, the CB is cool, but not as fragile as one mite think...according to the CB shop guy. I am also conserned about it, and would prefer a very nice...less complex model. I would be willing to trade this one for another top of the line one.

About the cage, I love the little handle. I also love the other handle in front of the passengers seat. Both will make for great "Oh Sh!t" handle. The rest of the cage turned out good, but not exactly like the way wanted...the rear ened up being taller. I blessing maybe...at this point I view it at that. I may change it down the road, but for now it provides head room, and visibility out my rear view mirror.

What do you guys think? I will post more pics when I get the tires and rims on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am glad you like it. I wasn't drunk, like you, when I did mine!!!

So, did you sign up on the board after drinking...you seem a little "backwords"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.