Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a new motor for mid 2005 or 2006 for the Ford F-250/350? I keep hearing rumors of a 6.4L redesigned motor and I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of this?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have heard several rumors from some people that work closely with ford about a cam-less diesel. It's further off than that though supposedly. From what I've heard it's one bad mutha but I don't understand how it works. :D

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
84 Sheepdog said:
I have heard several rumors from some people that work closely with ford about a cam-less diesel. It's further off than that though supposedly. From what I've heard it's one bad mutha but I don't understand how it works. :D
Interesting, I hadn't heard that one. I guess it'd be something similar to what they're trying to do with F-1 cars to try and stop valve float at higher rpms (maybe). The F-1 folks have been experimenting with electronically triggered valve trains.

Cadillac had solenoids in their V 4-6-8 engine in the early 80s. That didn't work too well though.

·
Banned
34,097 Posts
Bob Williams said:
Cadillac had solenoids in their V 4-6-8 engine in the early 80s. That didn't work too well though.
Understatement of the century. :D

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
Jason R said:
I wish Ford and Chevy would offer a Cummins in their trucks. That would kick ass. :D
If they woulda done that, Id probably have a cummins ford in my driveway, instead of the dodge...

·
Registered
414 Posts
There is a company around the Denver area that makes electronic lifters and is into some neat technology with electronic controlled injectors and lifters. I forget what the name is some abbreviation like SMD or something, they are working to get away from EGR technology by cleaning up combustion with better timing and injection to get a more complete burn.

I wish that all the auto makers would just do what the OTR truck markets has always done, spec your chassis and your drivetrain.......I know I'd ditch the PSD for a CAT as soon as that was made an option or at least i'd run a Cummins if it weren't attached to a Dodge.

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
screw a cumalong and give me a 3126E powered F-350

1 - 12 of 12 Posts