Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Goody
Look what I just had delivered....Turbo 350 with a bunch of good stuff.
Don't know about putting in in Yeller tho, it's almost 5" longer than my 465/AA/3 spd case that currently resides there.....
Butch

Attachments

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
It might look good in Grogans 45 :)

Or your new toy, whatever you decide to stuff in it.

I am sure that you will not be interested in moving the rear axle back in ol yeller..

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Looks like it's already got the AA adaptor on the tail there.

One of the guys in our club runs that same auto in his 55 and it's down right impressive how well it works on the trail. (BKCruiser)

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Hey Butch,

Are you going to install a girly transmission now?

Charles

Attachments

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BJ On Roids said:
is it much heavier than a 4 speed manual?
Do you mean in kilos or strength?

It is lighter in weight than any of the popular 4 spds.
From what I can tell a properly built 350 is 2nd only to a Turbo 400, personally unless you have a Big Block I would rather have one than any.
I suppose they are as durable for the short haul as a 4 spd, doubt if you would get 100k miles plus like you commonly do a 4 spd.
Butch

·
Registered
543 Posts
Man, that is a long ass adapter. I wonder why they don't have you cut the output shaft of the tranny so a smaller spud shaft and adapter could be used. That is what I did on the 700R4 and that is dimensional close to a TH350.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
17,122 Posts
the adapter is that long cause otherwise you'd end up with the front drive shaft in the trans pan.

and let me say this one more time: AUTOS RULE!!!!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
802 Posts
orangefj45 said:
the adapter is that long cause otherwise you'd end up with the front drive shaft in the trans pan.

and let me say this one more time: AUTOS RULE!!!!!:flipoff2:

You just clarified everything;)

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sixty said:
so what kind of goodies are installed in that sucker?
The guy that built it for me is an old tranny guru, he's been working on it in his spare time for a year. I know he machined the drums the clutchs mount in and put extra clutch plates in, and some HD valve body, it's a case that he likes cause it's either heavier or has some extra meat somewhere. Over the year, whenever he did something different to it, or found some special parts he would tell me

Nolen has met Harold, he's one of those guys, you just trust.

I didn't ask for a lot of details........kinda busy when he dropped it off.

I'll ask for the specs on it.

Butch

·
Registered
17,122 Posts
i ahd a th350 behind a little healthier than stock big block and it held up fine. i don't think you'll have any problems with the "new goddie" at all. th350s are great little transmissions.;)

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
orangefj45 said:
i ahd a th350 behind a little healthier than stock big block and it held up fine. i don't think you'll have any problems with the "new goddie" at all. th350s are great little transmissions.;)
I'm not worried at all, I think it's my favorite unless I needed an OD.
Butch:flipoff2:

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK you 2 :rasta:
If I have time tommorrow I'll set the 2 tranny's on my freon scales, it will change to KG.
Butch:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts