Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Samurai, or what I thought was one. I know it is a 84, but I think it's either a SJ-410 or Santana, looks just like a Samurai though. I just got stationed in Hawaii and Sammies are dang near impossible to buy. It took me 6 months to find one for sale and everything 4x4 is expensive, I got mine for $850 so I will stick with it. The problem I ran into is that it had a 1.0 and a smaller drive train. When I bought it the guy gave me a running 1.3, tranny, and computer, then I picked up the bigger axles, drive shafts, and yokes for around $350 from a friend and junkyards. I know I will run into wiring, and tranny mount problems but that is what mods are for. I plan on do a bad ass build up, but it will take some time, I have to fight with the wife for the money. Some of the stuff could be in better shape, but it will be like new with some TLC. If any of you have done anything like my situation and can give me some pointers, please do, and yes I have though about putting a Toyota engine and in it, but I have to pay for the shop I work in( $180 monthly), plus Toyota stuff here is impossible to get and pricy.

·
Registered
443 Posts
good luck. you will be able to get tons of info off this site. just search for ideas. you'll find them. get some pics of that thing. that helps
good luck

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
sounds like a good find and good price. Here in Indiana it's getting hard to find a sami for under a grand. Unless the body is toast!
If it is the SJ410 it should have lower T-case gears than a standard sami, so thats a good thing! Not sure about the rest of it though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts