Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i'm vinny. from wilkes-barre, pa. about 20 mins north of paragon adventure park, home of NEURoC. i'm in the middle of building my 61 scout 80 and hoping to have it on the trails by march. i'm the second owner of the truck, and it only has 33,000 original miles on it, it hasn't seen the road since '76, but soon it will.

·
Registered
569 Posts
hey ugly scout that description of your scout pretty much describes 95% of the scouts left in existence (the other five are 3% parts trucks and 2% show trucks... lol)

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mods: at least dana 44's front and rear, gotta see what i can dig up in the scrap yards when the weather breaks. 2" yj lift w/ a spoa (i figure i should be able to clear 35's), front air locker and rear locker, full cage, front and rear tube bumpers and some minor shit along the way.

·
Registered
60 Posts
well hello vinny

im pretty much a new guy around here as well pretty much a lurker--im gonna be building a 71 scout II but it wont be on the trails by march-- the only thing happening for in march for me is the end of my single life:eek: :eek:

i think i'll have some extra 44's front and rear if your interested if your not gonna be immediately into teh axle work we can work something out

i forgot to mention that i am JUST outside philly and i am of no hlep technically yet as this is my first IH-- after tehy are done we'll have to hook up at paragon or something

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scouting paragon will be a must. i could dig up some sposors too, i have a little pull. but that won't be till summer.

i'm looking for axles by the middle of march, i'll let you know.

·
Registered
871 Posts
61scout80 said:
mods: at least dana 44's front and rear, gotta see what i can dig up in the scrap yards when the weather breaks. 2" yj lift w/ a spoa (i figure i should be able to clear 35's), front air locker and rear locker, full cage, front and rear tube bumpers and some minor shit along the way.

what kind of 44's, fullwidth or scout II ? I have a scout II rear 44... its in Montana right now. oh and welcome aboard 61scout80:D

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
harkinoff said:

what kind of 44's, fullwidth or scout II ? I have a scout II rear 44... its in Montana right now. oh and welcome aboard 61scout80:D

thanks, i have a 44 out of an 800, but i may try to get a set out of an older cherokee, it would be 60" wide instead of 56", plus there is one in a junk yard in my area.....and a road trip to montana is a bit too far. thanks anyway! :beer:

·
Registered
602 Posts
wassup vinny

I just came over from the Forders when I bought my 61 Scout 80 about 2 weeks ago.
It's clad with wagonneer axles and a chevy 350, Jeep T-18, D20
The body and frame are about all the scout left, and the frame is from a 69 so it's quite the pieced together hunk. I think the rust does come stock because mine has tons on the 1/2 cab, inside and out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts