Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hi... I've been lurking here for awhile and thought that I would join up. I see that a lot of you are from Sacramento and Syphliss Heights too. Thats where I used to live. Now I live in Colusa which is about 75 miles north of Sac. I'm about 30 minutes from Yuba city and 35-40 minutes from Chico.:D

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get up to grass valley every once in a while to visit grandparents. Nice place.:D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I go shooting out in arbuckle.

hi

The official salute:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it's as in I'm livin' in the sticks. I'm about 10-15 minutes from arbuckle and about 5 mins from Williams if that means anything to anyone. Colusa is about 5000 people, just a little hick rice town, but I love it.:D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Alright I'l get some tech going, what kinda rig you got? Were gonna give you motor swaps, axle swaps, gearing swaps lets see, the list goes on. What do you want to do first???

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My DD is a 97' Ford F-250 Ex Cab SB 4x4 With the 7.5l (460). The only mods that I've done to it, a flow big block series, alcoas, switched out the nasty fawkin auto hubs for some warn premiums and slapped on a set of swamper LTB's. It's got 4.10's f/r with posi out back. (factory posi) too be taken with a grain of salt. Yeah I know I'ts way to big to be a serious wheeler but I give it my best shot, plus I'm just too tall to fit into anything like a jeep or yota. Plus I haul quite a bit of stuff. Often my rig goes along on outings to be the designated recovery rig. Haven't failed to recover one yet. (go 460)!!! I'd like to put a leveling kit on the front, add some gauges, get rid of the alcoas in favor of some black rockcrawlers, and put a detroit out back. Would really like to get rid of the TTB up front but that costs more $$$$ than I got. Alright let me have it!!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Stix said:
My DD is a 97' Ford F-250 Ex Cab SB 4x4 With the 7.5l (460). The only mods that I've done to it, a flow big block series, alcoas, switched out the nasty fawkin auto hubs for some warn premiums and slapped on a set of swamper LTB's. It's got 4.10's f/r with posi out back. (factory posi) too be taken with a grain of salt. Yeah I know I'ts way to big to be a serious wheeler but I give it my best shot, plus I'm just too tall to fit into anything like a jeep or yota. Plus I haul quite a bit of stuff. Often my rig goes along on outings to be the designated recovery rig. Haven't failed to recover one yet. (go 460)!!! I'd like to put a leveling kit on the front, add some gauges, get rid of the alcoas in favor of some black rockcrawlers, and put a detroit out back. Would really like to get rid of the TTB up front but that costs more $$$$ than I got. Alright let me have it!!!:flipoff2:
Well...first thing you gotta do issell that chicken fawker and buy one of these........

:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, the engine is great, and if it's got a 5 or 6 speed then that's even better, but you can have the rest of the truck...... fawk dodges and their auto trannies and that goes for their CAD too. No manual locking hubs my ass. Seriously though if thats your rig then it's very nice. Cummins are cool, as long as you run em' through a manual tranny. Long live the 12 valve.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
Yeah Dodge, excellent choice.:rolleyes: :laughing:

I hope you enjoy changing trannies and rear axles, 'cuz you'll get plenty of practice with a Dodge!:flipoff2:

Since that F250 is a 97, is it the Superduty version or the bastard F150/250?

Hef

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My rig is the old body style before they switched over to the superduty style they have now. Your thinking of the f250 light duty that looks like the f150. Tech wise the exact name for mine is a 97' Ford F250 Heavy Duty....... not superduty. What is a chicken fawker.....:confused: :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts