Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Germany right now and not able to work on my own project at home but I have been looking at anything and everything I could fins to look at here.

Right now one of the many things I need is a set of lights. I had been looking at the WARN lights with high and low beam but I came across a German HELLA catalog and I am curious if anyone here has ever used or heard of thier DYNAVIEW light.

http://www.hella.com/produktion/Hel...ary_Lamps/Dyna_View/Technology/Technology.jsp

"The heart of the DynaView® control center: the yaw rate sensor permanently records the current transverse acceleration condition of the vehicle – as soon as it detects the corner, the sensor switches the correct cornering lamp on. To prevent unpleasant "holes" being formed in the beam, a dimmer gently decreases the brightness of the cornering-lamp beam automatically"

I have other ideas for the sensor as well for an air controled active suspension that I was planning to use mercury switches but thier control unit look much more compact and sealed.

I still don't know why no one makes DOT/SAE lighting other than snowplow lights but these or the warn are my choices so far. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Im not much help with the Hellas, but I have the 7" Warns and they work GREAT. The dual beam funtion is awsome. I have had them out on the street often and never a problem.

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
7" what???

who are the hot chix under the rig??????????????

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan Dibble said:
Im not much help with the Hellas, but I have the 7" Warns and they work GREAT. The dual beam funtion is awsome. I have had them out on the street often and never a problem.

Dan
You were one of the people I was hoping to hear from. I have heard nothing but good about them. Do they say SAE on the housing anywhere or the lens?

The reason I like the hellas though is because of the control module that they have. I would like to copy it to make a what I call CROPS (cognitive roll over protection system) to inflate/deflate air bags to a set PSI and right the chassis rather than using a gyro. Their website does not show the module as well as their german catalog does but I was hoping for some feedback. Hella is HUGE in europe and I looking everthing I can. Did some wheeling with the german jeep club and I was impressed with some of thier rigs, and made some great MOG contacts while here.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Go to a local salvage yard and check out newer(2001+) BMW's. My friend has an '01 330i and I am pretty sure the headlights move liek that for cornering also. May be cheaper to get a controller out of a wrecked car.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will check as there is a bmw wrecking yard next door to where I am. They also look like great donors for electrical fans. I think thiers is tied into the main computer thought where as the Hellas are a small module the size of a Cig pack.

I am just waiting to see how much weight I can bring back as I have my eyes on a set of U1300's for cheap.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
i also run the warn dual beams, although in the 5" version.

Never had a problem with them street or trail.

there is actually 3 pairs of them in 3 of our different trucks, Including the tow rig.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Sapper said:
Are they a pencil beam on low and floods on high?

Is there anything you did to modify them in the wiring or switch??

Opposite, pencil high, flood low.

They come with a harness, the only connection you have to do is to the battery. Very nice.

Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts