Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new set of Bias 39.5 x 17" Iroks and the pass side always went flat. Thought it was my bead locks so I put in 30lbs and sprayed it down with soapy water. Notice some extremely small bubbles near the beadlock, but not at the bead lock. Anyways I removed the beadlock and checked the inside of the tire for anything unusual, cleaned things up and reassembled. The small bubbles are still there. Upon closer inspection I think this is what is happening. There are some minor scuff marks around the bead area (no more than 1/8" deep) and the cord is exposed is some places. I think the air is coming thru this cord. What do you guys know or think?

zman

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
i have a similar situation, on my 42/16.5 i have one that has a (what looks like a) tear near the bead. i get super small bubbles near it, it leaks down about 1psi a week. not enough for me to break down the double beadlocks and get it exchanged. ill wait till i tear a side wall for that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a similar situation, on my 42/16.5 i have one that has a (what looks like a) tear near the bead. i get super small bubbles near it, it leaks down about 1psi a week. not enough for me to break down the double beadlocks and get it exchanged. ill wait till i tear a side wall for that.

That's about right, a pound or two per week. But when I get home and already at 4-5 lbs it will go flat in 2-3 weeks. PITA

zman

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
I just mounted up my used 42x14x17 Iroks on my MRW 17x9 locks. I had 37's mounted on the same rims and they were fine. 3 out of the 4 42's ripped around the inner bead right at the lip of the rim. I had to look twice to see it. I will try to get some pics when I get home. They are loosing air like crazy with no weight on them(no rig to put them on right now). Only loosing around the inner beads.

Glad im not the only one this happened too. I thought it might be because the tires were older. The rip isnt small its probably 1/8" wide all the way around the bead. The one tire that didnt had been replaced, I think Travis said it only had one or two rides on it. The others are about a year old or so.

·
Registered
734 Posts
same thing happened to me, but the bead snapped off when i picked up the tire. i don't want to turn this into an interco bashing thread, but if your 42s have issues, take a few pics, and call interco or wherever you bought them from. they were more than helpful in dealing with me. great customer service.

holley

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
My 39.5s have been the same way for over a year now..3 of the 4 leak through the sidewalls. I always just dealt with it and now the sidewalls are trashed anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I just mounted up my used 42x14x17 Iroks on my MRW 17x9 locks. I had 37's mounted on the same rims and they were fine. 3 out of the 4 42's ripped around the inner bead right at the lip of the rim. I had to look twice to see it. I will try to get some pics when I get home. They are loosing air like crazy with no weight on them(no rig to put them on right now). Only loosing around the inner beads.

Glad im not the only one this happened too. I thought it might be because the tires were older. The rip isnt small its probably 1/8" wide all the way around the bead. The one tire that didnt had been replaced, I think Travis said it only had one or two rides on it. The others are about a year old or so.
Damn you should have hit me up. I never noticed a rip, nor did I ever have a problem with them leaking. Send me a PM if you need any help from me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have kinda the same problem with my 42" TSL's but it's the side walls that have about five small pin holes.You can fill them up to 10 lbs and by the next morning they will be flat. Weird thing is it's just like whats been stated above no sign of any mold defect. I did buy the warranty but when you live 250 miles from the dealer shipping is going to suck. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Damn you should have hit me up. I never noticed a rip, nor did I ever have a problem with them leaking. Send me a PM if you need any help from me.

Thanks man, but I just figured it was since they were used and thats how it goes with used tires. They werent ripped until I mounted them, As the bead popped to seat fully you could see it rip. I even used soapy water so they slid on easier and they still ripped. At the rate I am going it will be a while before they are on a rig anyhow.

Sounds like it happens with new tires too. I am fed up with interco and will not be buying another set of any size, period. The 34's I have on the little YJ suck, im not going into that.

I didnt get a chance to get pics, I will try tonight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts