Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, not the Claw-wanna-be, but Maxxis now has another new rubber out called the Creepy Crawler. I'm only finding side shots of it, and it's not on the Maxxis website yet. It LOOKS like it has a tread face on it very similar to the BFG Krawler. I want more info, some one know more than me?

Attachments

·
Registered
29,224 Posts
twistedmetal said:
Really? What price/what size? Maxxis has always made a killer MTB tire, so they already have my respect. Curious to see what they can do for my rig as well.
Yeah, they're mud terrain is pretty good and fairly priced. A buddy of mine got prices for the Muzzilla or whatever it was called, the new one. And they were OUTRAGEOUS. In the upper $100s and low $200s for decent sized meats.

·
Registered
182 Posts
TexasBlakeWFO said:
In the upper $100s and low $200s for decent sized meats.
Most of them are. Swampers, MTR's, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
from the picture they look alot like the BFG Krawler, Maxxis successfully rips off another tread pattern (Claws), maybe next they will come out with an "Ultra Swamper"

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, perhaps Michelin and Maxxis are sister companies. I know that maxxis and Michelin both make similar MTB tires as well. Also, form does tend to follow funtion. There can only be so many ways a tire can work for its intended purpose. Perhaps everyone thinks these are the newest way to achieve that goal. Or, they just stole somones ideas and just wanna make a buck. Hell, I don't know. I don't even give a rat's ass. I want killer tires. That's all.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The sidewall still screams Mickey Thompson on that "Creepy Crawler"

I think it's pretty obvious that Maxxis hasn't "ripped off" the claw, they are just having their tires made by the same people that make the Claw

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well if the Maxxis tire doesn't do it for me, then I am debating trading off the SXs for the 38 inch Parnelli Jone's Dirt Gripz. They run about $299 for the 15". So, I would love to save a little green!
I heard and seen some awesome things with the 'Nelli. People on this forum say they are wondering why it isn't a competition tire because it sticks soo well. Also one of my customer's had them and drove them for a while on the road and he can't complain. He does great with 'em offroad.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Jeepmangled87 said:
Can't Maxis come out with its own desing????, it looks just like MT's tire.:rolleyes: , looks like shit to me.:rolleyes:
It's a whole hell-of-a-lot cheaper to be first immitator than it is to be the innovator. It takes month's or years to turn an idea into a sellable product that works. It only takes days to copy somebody else's shit.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
So what if it is a copy. Maybe their price will be lower... competition is good for the comsumer :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts