Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Kinda New to 4x4, my kid and I have a 69 Scout that has what I believe to be jeep wagoner ‘70 era axels. Front is a Dana 44 and am going to have it narrowed about 1.75 each side. It will be a tad over stock width for the rig to look right. Do I want to have camber added in the C’s for a cut and turn? Pinion Angle is going to be adjusted up for the lift. I read the wagoneers had 1.5 degree camber already. Appreciate help. I’m learning.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Artifact Art Wood Bedrock Font

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood

·
Registered
200 Posts
I see you have a spring over axle (SOA) configuration with shackles to the rear and high steer. This is a good start and superior to the original Scout. It seems like a lot of trouble and cost to narrow an axle 3". The slightly wider stance will serve you well on a lifted rig. Else, consider a different wheel offset. Cutting and rotating the pinion can be expensive if you don't do it yourself. Alternatively, consider converting to a front CV driveshaft. I used an early Bronco transfer case (Dana 20) front output CV yoke on my Scout's Dana 20 transfer case. Contact Jessie at High Angle Driveshaft.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,852 Posts
Contact Jessie at High Angle Driveshaft.
Given the number of bad vendor posts regarding him lately on all forms of social media, I would look elsewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info ccj & Beat. I think ill leave as is for now, shim it a few degrees and have a double CV shaft made as well. I just ordered a HEIM kit for steering and Tie rods. Appreciate the tips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts