Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody saw these yet? Was just flipping through and stopped on the military channel and they were showing footage and talking about them. Currently only 4 in existance and being tested in Afghanastan. The only details that I caught was that it had an improved hummer engine. Looked like an extremely capable rig with live axles at each end and coils or coilovers(couldn't tell forsure) at each corner.

Just thougt some of u may find this interesting and maybe some one has some more specs on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
looks like they're finally getting the idea..:D

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think they had a lot of input from some of the soldiers though. Some of the guys they were interviewing were talking about some of the suggestions they had made refering back to the way they had built there own rigs back home. It shows a definate civilian offroad influence!:smokin:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Seems Odd.

AM General has a product thats similar to that design for years but its not in wide spread use. It's built on the hmmwv platform but it has the v-tub blast resistant body design.

http://www.amgeneral.com/vehicles_hmmwv_models_expanded_details.php/mID/13

Except that thing looks like a humv with just a different body on it. This looks like a completely different design since its got solid axles.

It'd be funny to see how much of "pirate" design influence is in that rig- think they were surfing the site? lol :flipoff2:

Love the comp cut rear!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
It'd be funny to see how much of "pirate" design influence is in that rig- think they were surfing the site? lol :flipoff2:

!
you know the designers did......
air bumps and hydro assist ? :smokin:

·
Registered
905 Posts
you know the designers did......
air bumps and hydro assist ? :smokin:
4-link, coilovers...

whose diff cover is that? I'm blanking right now... Aren't they out of Australia or NZ? Looks kind of like a Solid... but not quite

Aside from weighing too much, these things have to be badass.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
there u go....
i like the poser flex shot

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
This is a definite repost, but I can't remember from when.

Some offroad name helped w/that thing, as per the original postings... but I can't remember who! Not Soni this time I don't think....

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
4-link, coilovers...

whose diff cover is that? I'm blanking right now... Aren't they out of Australia or NZ? Looks kind of like a Solid... but not quite

Aside from weighing too much, these things have to be badass.
Its a Dynatrack pro-rock on the front. I seen to remember something about a shop in the north west doing military stuff. Avalanche or PSC rings a bell.
________
How To Roll A Joint

·
Registered
905 Posts
1 - 20 of 133 Posts