Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks to be like another IED target, big flat bottom and alot more components that can get damaged.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Looks to be like another IED target, big flat bottom and alot more components that can get damaged.
Perhaps. I agree that a more "V" shaped bottom would disperse a lot of the force and shrapnel from an IED, but if this model proves more survivable than a HMMWV, I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
704 Posts
i think it's basically a custom frame with a few common offroad items, dynatrac axles and instead of trying to mod the body, they pull it off and put a custom up-armor kit on. probably A LOT cheaper than the hummer too.

btw, anyone notice that's a TMAX winch?

turrent would be nice. I like the suicide doors and rear exit....specially handy when you have to exit during an ambush.

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Comp cut fenders LOL

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Wheel stacking..........................
in the vid.

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
I will agree it has heavy civilian influence, and is about 5 times more capable then the HMMVW in rough terrain that some might call good wheeling.

Looks bad ass IMO. Hopefully they make a million so that they become available to purchase as military surplus :)

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Looks bad ass IMO. Hopefully they make a million so that they become available to purchase as military surplus :)
Don't count on it. No armor makes it's way out through the DRMS and no more HMMWVs either. I'm sure this vehicle has some sort of handling characteristic that someone somewhere will deem that it's their duty to save the public from itself and order them all scrapped. Of course that doesn't mean I can't buy the plate and build one in my backyard. :D

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
Don't count on it. No armor makes it's way out through the DRMS and no more HMMWVs either. I'm sure this vehicle has some sort of handling characteristic that someone somewhere will deem that it's their duty to save the public from itself and order them all scrapped. Of course that doesn't mean I can't buy the plate and build one in my backyard. :D
I could really care less about the body itself, but the drivetrain/frame fawk yeh!

Military surplus Dynatrac HPD60's :p Hydroassist.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
It's a shop in Utah, I'll tell you that much. They are pretty cool with D-Max engines in them...
yes... it is a shop out of Utah that put the driveline/drivetrain in them. they DID NOT build the rest though. that would be a company out of Texas... :flipoff2:

did you see these personally?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Anyone have any more info on these? I might have some involvement with them.

·
Registered
905 Posts
the front doors are 1/2" thick and 5/8" thick titanium i believe. The machine shop i worked for did a few prototype doors that looked ALOT like those for BAE systems (tank builders).... Sweet :smokin:

·
Registered
254 Posts
The video clip claims this miracle of design can traverse slopes of 80 degrees without rollover :laughing:

Ahh.. ok I want to see a demo.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Thats killer just wait though the "terminator" will be rolling in a silver one through LA lol

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
This isnt quite a ressurection, but I saw a pair of these in person, but only got two pics. My phone was being :rainbow:

Here are two links that shed some more light....

link1

link 2

Sorry thats all the pics I got... I will keep my eyes open and snap some more when they come back out of hiding...

21 - 40 of 133 Posts