Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
triangulated 4 link with a steering box?
I was thinking that too, they got triangulated 4 links with a drag link...hmm, i guess they can get away with it because the drag link is fairly flat but still...

and first thing i thought of when i saw this thread was the ballistic joints that just came out, I remembered they kept mentioning they were military approved or something, I was wondering where they would have been using them on hummers, now it makes more since.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
and thats not a coilover, but what kind of dual rate setup are they running, looks like some of the homebuilt coilover threads I have seen on pirate haha:grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Thanks! - Not only do the troops deserve our thanks, but its companies and shops like yours that help keep them safe and moving forward with new and better equipment. Thanks for your 100+ hour work weeks and hard work to make this stuff happen for them... Thanks!

BTW: Anyone else catch the barrel latch and release cord on the 2nd pic, to keep the door secured open. Simple and effective....

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
and thats not a coilover, but what kind of dual rate setup are they running, looks like some of the homebuilt coilover threads I have seen on pirate haha:grinpimp:
Looks like a 4.0 coilover to me.

They are fucking this thing up slowly. Adding a big ass turret up top, 800# armored doors, etc. The OG design was low armor, off-road (that is why the flat bottom...no IED's when you are off the main road), and pretty fast.

We will see how fawked they get, but I am still optimistc.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts

They are fucking this thing up slowly. Adding a big ass turret up top, 800# armored doors, etc. The OG design was low armor, off-road (that is why the flat bottom...no IED's when you are off the main road), and pretty fast.

Rob
Turret?

Do you meant the spare tire?

Do you see pics I don't? :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
Turret?

He's probably driven one...

And I agree, those look like some big fawkin coilovers.

I don't know why the US military hasn't looked into building a true offroad vehicle like this yet.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Turret?

There is talk of adding a huge ass machine gun turret to the top (with armor like the GMV's). I am all about machine guns, but the added weight up high will limit its capabilities.

The problem with this truck is the office geek, good idea fairies, who havent seen comat on the ground, are making key decisions.

I am still optimistic though!!:smokin:

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts

Rob
the original design had NO doors...

The problem with this truck is the office geek, good idea fairies, who havent seen comat on the ground, are making key decisions.
your government officials hard at work... :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Looks pretty bad ass compared to the old humvees.

I'd still bet money that a single land mine would fawk one of these up pretty bad. I'd hate to see what a double stack would do, but its way better than the humvees.

If I were driving one I'd still be putting sandbags down on the floorboards.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
There is talk of adding a huge ass machine gun turret to the top (with armor like the GMV's). I am all about machine guns, but the added weight up high will limit its capabilities.

I am still optimistic though!!:smokin:

Rob
I just saw one roll by as I headed out to lunch. :smokin:

It looks like they were fitting it with a turret but had it covered up.

41 - 60 of 133 Posts