Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
thanks for your support Jess, we appreciate it!

I would love to see this rig in person and maybe I will get to on our next deployment....

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Got to remember, everything is done by the lowest bidder.... :smokin:
You must not be familiar with our countries defense spending habits:D

·
Registered
997 Posts
I am all about machine guns, but the added weight up high will limit its capabilities.

The problem with this truck is the office geek, good idea fairies, who havent seen comat on the ground, are making key decisions.

I am still optimistic though!!:smokin:

Rob[/QUOTE]

Well they do have a mechanical gunner turret. We had them 2 years ago when I deployed. everything is ran from in the vehicle and all it weighs is what the gun and ammo weighs very dependable and safer for the soldier. pretty cool you could shoot through a tv screen

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
What happens when you let a female drive one of these like she stole it?

Rolled 4 times... All 4 passengers were injured, the instructor cant feel his legs, feet, or toes... They winched it back over and drove it back to the motor pool... :shaking:

·
Registered
792 Posts
What happens when you let a female drive one of these like she stole it?

Rolled 4 times... All 4 passengers were injured, the instructor cant feel his legs, feet, or toes... They winched it back over and drove it back to the motor pool... :shaking:
Seatbelts are a good thing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I see a lot of rollovers in this vehicles future. Needs to be wider or shorter. And I agree that a 60 aint gonna cut it. At 13000lbs that 80 in the rear is hurting too! Looks cool, just not practical.

And on the Defense Contract issue. The joke is that the lowest bidder wins the contract but we all know contracts are given out in back room hand shakes. It seems all generals immediately retire into some contractor CEO slot and magically that company gets some contract. And for that reason and others we get body armour that isnt sufficient, M4s that should be replaced but arent, up-armor vehicles that dont cut it and so on and so on. Its a racket and its an embarrassment that leads to soldiers dying.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I see a lot of rollovers in this vehicles future. Needs to be wider or shorter. And I agree that a 60 aint gonna cut it. At 13000lbs that 80 in the rear is hurting too! Looks cool, just not practical.
There would be less rollovers if people would use common sense while driving. Its not a damn sports car. It sure as hell isn't going to corner like one! Cut the armor down like it was supposed to be originally and let the people use it like it was supposed to be used.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Yeah, she hit a berm at 60mph... I thought it was a simple barrel roll, but not the case. It went end over end twice and then rolled twice... Never should have been going that fast on the first day of the cert. class... With out a doubt, the instructor lost his job... He wasn't wearing the 5 point... Idiot... Supposedly one of the rear passengers' restraints failed, but I bet he failed to buckle it correctly... Both of those guys were rag dolling in side the vehicle as it tumbled. The driver sustained a severe concussion and a massive laceration to her lower right leg, something like 50 stitches. From what, I have no idea. The fourth passenger had a bruised knee... he was wearing his 5 point... Hmmmmmm??? They cancelled the class for now... :D

Im sure that there will be something to come down from higher now because of this accident... Our post is soon to be the Force Com HQ, a bunch of brass here, and our unit reports directly to the Secretary of the Army... Is anyone ready for 35 mph speed limit while on training exercises? I wouldn't doubt that will be coming down... Train like we fight? Yeah...

·
Registered
327 Posts
I found a picture of the complete elsorv on ako. It has the turrent and lot of other stuff with the v bottom hull.

In case you did not notice that is a completely different rig than the one that has been discussed here for the last 5 pages. JJ

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
m-atv

that is osh koshes new M-atv.. Very cool MRAP style vehicle...

·
Registered
37 Posts
In case you did not notice that is a completely different rig than the one that has been discussed here for the last 5 pages. JJ
Nope this is the quote from below the picture, 5 tons of armor changes anythings look

A new mine-resistant, ambush-protected all-terrain vehicle, built specifically for the mountainous Afghan terrain, parks next to a larger MRAP, MaxxPro Dash. The first M-ATVs designated for Southern Afghanistan arrived at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan, by air transport, Oct. 22, 2009. (Photo by U.S. Army)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nope this is the quote from below the picture, 5 tons of armor changes anythings look
Yea I'm sorry I guess my mistake. 5 tons of armor makes a Pro Rock 60 look like an independent front set up.:flipoff2:JJ

81 - 100 of 133 Posts