Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few years ago i heard of 1 or possibly 2 new offroad parks going thru the motions to open up, but never heard anything since. Does anyone know what the names were? Where they are located? If they opened? etc... Cant find anything searching of course on it. I want to say i saw one on face book and heard a news story on the other one.

·
Registered
940 Posts
What are you considering a park and where are located? Mettowee,Hunter mt, one by brant lake, Mountain maddness up the road from me. Then theres my place and 3 others that are private and invite only.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I’m not sure a new park is opening. I’m pretty connected to the club wheeling scene pretty much from NYC to Albany, West to Bighampton. We haven’t heard a thing. Not saying we know everything though. And fwiw, I think Hunter Mtn is not really open to the public. I believe you have to go through NORA, Northeast Off Road Adventures and sign up for one of their guided weekends. And from what I know, the trails are pretty tame, geared towards a newbie or overlander.

There are a few private properties owened or run by various clubs and individuals that are invite only places. Some just a few hours north of the big apple.

NY is such an unfriendly state for off-roading, both full size and ATV/SxS/dirt bike scene. Way too many lib tree huggers....sucks.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
OK, just heard of a new place trying to open up. It's called BHM Offroad, in McDunough NY. Don't know more about it. They have an instagram page @bhm_offroadtestfacility

jeeps, truck, atv's...Can't tell how insane it's going to be yet...their IG shows a map, but can't tell elevation or any potential for rocks...But check it out yourselves.

I wish them luck.

·
Registered
697 Posts
OK, just heard of a new place trying to open up. It's called BHM Offroad, in McDunough NY. Don't know more about it. They have an instagram page @bhm_offroadtestfacility

jeeps, truck, atv's...Can't tell how insane it's going to be yet...their IG shows a map, but can't tell elevation or any potential for rocks...But check it out yourselves.

I wish them luck.
Looks like they're open:

BHM Offroad Test Facility

Anyone in upstate NY want to meetup for a trail ride? They have an open wheeling event this weekend March 30-31st. I live in Binghamton, NY.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts