• I like it..!

Votes: 44 86.3%
  • uhhhhh no..:)

Votes: 7 13.7%
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I still had my CJ-5 I was going to paint it hunter orange. I like orange on Jeeps.
Cage? How offensive would chorme-illusion (spray kind) be?
Brown would be another cage color.
Shaggy

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'd do the cage in silver.
If you painted the cage yellow you might as well add purple and red dots to the body and look like a bowl of Trix cereal.
"Silly Seabass, Trix are for kids!"

·
Registered
87 Posts
Love the color, I think it's awesome... but instead of Yellow or Silver cage, how about GREEN

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm going with silver on the cage as well

I've thought about dropping my trade mark camo paint job everything 4x4 that I drive is camo. Anyhow I do like orange and have been thinking about that for a while that and there are no orange Jeeps in my town. but as usual when you do something like when we moved here I brought the camo in and now there are about a dozen trucks that are camo excluding mine. So I'm sure as soon as I go orange there will be more to follow.

·
Registered
1980 CJ7, 360 V8, Dana 44s, 40in Iroks
80 Posts
color

LOUD is good!!! i cant believe you painted that with just 5 cans. it took me 3 cans to paint 5 beadlocks rings!! i must suck at conserving paint. looks sweet seabass, lose the mud flaps!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Mo said:
With those damn bug-eyed headlights

It looks better than those square lights on that Willys a few posts down... :eek:

I like the orange, man... Good choice.
Silver rollbar.
Silver rollbar.
Silver rollbar.

:D

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
If ya want it to stand out, then I think it should be lime green, if you don't want it to stand out too much more, then how about sea green

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
i dig orange! my jeep was orange and as soon and the new rig is ready it'll be fogged with orange too:D

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
LUVMYTJ said:
No offense... But that front pinion angle looks rough..

I like the paint tho!
You can't even see it in the pics????? must be ok, cause it tracks on down the road great, without a steering stabilizer:D

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
JeepinIan said:
If ya want it to stand out, then I think it should be lime green, if you don't want it to stand out too much more, then how about sea green
My buddy has 1/2 a gal of bright Kawasaki green looking paint. I turned it down for the ORANGE, maybe later on, but I'll have to sandblast all the old layers off if I'm going to use good paint:D

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Kilby said:

It looks better than those square lights on that Willys a few posts down... :eek:

I like the orange, man... Good choice.
Silver rollbar.
Silver rollbar.
Silver rollbar.

:D
Hmmmmmmmmm ya say SILVER hu:D , guess I'll find some that don't look like fake ass chrome, then it will look good. thx for all the replies, now post up your pics!

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
SILVER!! you always liked that "crustacean" sami that was orange and silver....i know those shackles double as wheelie bars on that beast:D

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
You went to the trouble of installing flush tail lights and didn't go LED???:rolleyes: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
802 Posts
NICE! Orange on CJ's always looks good!:D :D

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Robert said:
You went to the trouble of installing flush tail lights and didn't go LED???:rolleyes: :flipoff2:
I did the same.....whats wrong with that. Those lights are 6 bucks at Napa....and sawzalling the holes isnt that much trouble ;)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Orange Camo......buy one of those orange camo hunting suits and paint the whole rig to match.....then wear the suit all the time...hey, you said you wanted original.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Go with SILVER or BLACK. Can't go wrong either way. If all the silvers look too much like fake chrome, try GREY.

Looks good.. I like the "bug-eyes". :p

21 - 40 of 57 Posts