Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New prob with Fawking calmini

Listen to this crap i'm a poor 21 year old and i ordered gears last year so i guess my info is in there computer. Well my cusin with the same last name ordered from them and they took the money out of my account. So now i'm about to over draw on my account. He said the money would be replaced immediately. Well i called my bank and they informed me that it would take 10 days to show up on my account. So thats that calmini blows goat pecker and i hope no one buys from them again. So i can't pay the rent now THANKS CALMINI.
I just needed to rant thanks for listening guys

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
just get the money from your cousin.

No reason by itself to stop buying stuff from a company.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Sounds like Calmini made a mistake, happens all the time. At least they credited your money back, good business in my book. Sounds like your problem lies with the bank, and with your cousin if he can`t write you a check to cover it. :shaking:

·
Registered
645 Posts
4x401cj said:
Sounds like Calmini made a mistake, happens all the time.
How can you tell if it was a mistake and not a deliberate action? I have nothing against Calmini, and I'm not saying it wasn't a mistake. But I am interested in *how* you can tell the difference.

good business in my book.
Crediting the money back is good business, yes, but I hope you are not also saying the original action itself wasn't good business.

Sounds like your problem lies with the bank,
The bank has to make sure that they have the money themselves before they can turn it over to the client to spend. You know how many scams are around. This is standard banking. Maddening sometimes, but they are up front about it.

and with your cousin if he can`t write you a check to cover it. :shaking:
The cousin has no responsibility to correct someone else's mistake. He isn't involved in their mistake. Remember, it could have been *anybody*, it didn't have to be a cousin who benefited.

·
Registered
84 Posts
SOMEONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH A VENDOR AND..."CRAP"... THE VENDOR GETS TIRED OF PEOPLE GIVING HIM... "CRAP"... SO HE GIVES THEM BACK A LITTLE..."CRAP"... NOW THE VENOR IS GOING TO GIVE ALL HIS CUSTOMERS SOME..."CRAP"... JUST SO THEY WILL ALL GET MAD AND TALK SOME MORE..."CRAP" YOU ARE RIGHT!! I HAVE NO POINT I JUST WANTED TO TALK SOME (YOU GUESSED IT!)......."CRAP" :grinpimp:
PS... This was for fun, hope no one gets mad and gives me "CRAP"

·
Registered
585 Posts
Request a money order or a bank check sent in priority mail... I think you deserve it..

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
SpiderTrax and Trail Tough both have my account information but ALWAYS ask if it's ok to bill it. Hmmm, don't all venders do that? :confused:

·
Registered
316 Posts
they should at least be reading back the last four digits on the card ...

·
Registered
244 Posts
hey man,
after the whole mess I have delt with, Ive learned a few lessons that may resolve your problem.

1- If you do have a problem, talk to Steve directly, posting it on the web before consulting him didn't really help anything. Steve is reasonable and would help ya if you had a gripe with service/parts.

2- if ya have been charged---it means you got gears commin, if ya get charged again--means ya got 2 sets o gears commin--so have your cousin pony up some $$$ to you rather than Calmini---heck youll be a distributer :D

I do know Calmini works to resolve problems and that they wont take your money till the product is out their door. This may be another case, like mine of the 100's of orders from calmini that don't have problems. I knwo your pissed right now, but at least theyve finally shipped at least one set. Sounds like they are refunding your money, which they will never charge you if they never ship your parts, so sit back--enjoy the shipped gears---and don't worry about your money--I am sure they will re-deposit it if they said they would.

Again for you and anybody else that has a problem with Calmini, call Steve first. He has been a reasonable person to me as Im sure he will be for you. The web is not the first place to release frustrations without givin them, (Calmini or any other vendor) a chance to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was pretty pissed off yesterday when i got on here but looking back i think i was a little out of hand but still i suggested a money order or wire the money and he said (chris) its out of my hands. Well for me i'm done with calmini i had them take my info out of there computer. As for the rent its paid everything is good on the home front now its time to go do some wheeling as for all of the comments thanks and i know i was a little out of hand.
C-ya

·
Registered
124 Posts
coilsami88 said:
I was pretty pissed off yesterday when i got on here but looking back i think i was a little out of hand but still i suggested a money order or wire the money and he said (chris) its out of my hands. Well for me i'm done with calmini i had them take my info out of there computer. As for the rent its paid everything is good on the home front now its time to go do some wheeling as for all of the comments thanks and i know i was a little out of hand.
C-ya
Theres also the classic come back, "I'm dialing my lawyer, oh no Chris I'm sorry, I can't control it, its out of my hands."

·
Registered
453 Posts
budgetsami said:
hey man,
after the whole mess I have delt with, Ive learned a few lessons that may resolve your problem.

1- If you do have a problem, talk to Steve directly, posting it on the web before consulting him didn't really help anything. Steve is reasonable and would help ya if you had a gripe with service/parts.

2- if ya have been charged---it means you got gears commin, if ya get charged again--means ya got 2 sets o gears commin--so have your cousin pony up some $$$ to you rather than Calmini---heck youll be a distributer :D

I do know Calmini works to resolve problems and that they wont take your money till the product is out their door. This may be another case, like mine of the 100's of orders from calmini that don't have problems. I knwo your pissed right now, but at least theyve finally shipped at least one set. Sounds like they are refunding your money, which they will never charge you if they never ship your parts, so sit back--enjoy the shipped gears---and don't worry about your money--I am sure they will re-deposit it if they said they would.

Again for you and anybody else that has a problem with Calmini, call Steve first. He has been a reasonable person to me as Im sure he will be for you. The web is not the first place to release frustrations without givin them, (Calmini or any other vendor) a chance to resolve the problem.
Why should people have to call Steve? I mean it is HIS company and it should represent him the way he wants. Sounds a lot like the Glenn Wakefield/RRO syndrome to me. When it comes down to it any problems that Calmini or any other company has directly reflects the leadership of the owner, CEO, Pres.... Rather than jump through hoops to talk to the guy that owns the biz I'd just call one of the reputable companies (with which I'll most likely talk to the owners regardless and without mistakes).

Ordering parts should not be like gambling.

·
Registered
244 Posts
CTBrent said:
Why should people have to call Steve? I mean it is HIS company and it should represent him the way he wants. Sounds a lot like the Glenn Wakefield/RRO syndrome to me. When it comes down to it any problems that Calmini or any other company has directly reflects the leadership of the owner, CEO, Pres.... Rather than jump through hoops to talk to the guy that owns the biz I'd just call one of the reputable companies (with which I'll most likely talk to the owners regardless and without mistakes).

Ordering parts should not be like gambling.

I agree, people shouldn't have to call anybody---however mistakes do happen and I'm sure some even slip by the best in the industry. I am not standing up for Calmini but ya gotta give them the benifit of the doubt. I will use Trail Tough as an example (especially after my great experience w/them and customer service!! thx again guys). Say they made this same mistake to this same guy, would there be a gripe? I doubt it due to their history, however I bet ya would instantly call them and say that ya had the problem rather than sittin waitin for them to call sayin hey we found an error in the computer---our goof----were sorry. Fact is I doubt any business goes over their files again and again for errors. Heck they really could care less if ya needed more than one gear set. All in all, I'm glad the problem was solved as it should have been. Yes it was a mistake, but the guy got his parts and the money back, what more could you ask for?---oh and it doesn't appear that he had many problems with the service fixing the problem--just that there was a problem to begin with which later was fixed without problem.

·
Registered
31,026 Posts
Well, if they charged your card, the gears should show up at your home. Let us know!

·
Registered
465 Posts
budgetsami said:
hey man,

Hey I did........He told me, "I don't care......", So yes, you should call Steve......

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It wasn't gears it was drive line spacers and yes i did get them. The money was back in my account tuesday so everything was fine. As for calmini they need to learn how to talk to people a little better. He keep calling me "dude" thats not very professional.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
coilsami88 said:
It wasn't gears it was drive line spacers and yes i did get them. The money was back in my account tuesday so everything was fine. As for calmini they need to learn how to talk to people a little better. He keep calling me "dude" thats not very professional.
Hey dude. Glad to hear it all worked out DUDE. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts