Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, fellas, gather 'round. That crazy Khaffir AFIRover got this great idea to have a truck built. He just so happened to have a bunch of parts and knew a guy with more...

Beginning when I left for Portland, I gave AFI two Discos and a Rangie. He already had a pile of Series bits and had acquired yet another Rangie along the way.

Over the past coupla weekends, he's bene dragging Rovers, parts and carcasses to Schramelot/Rovertopia and what you see here is the beginning of "The Project"...

First we have the body donor (kinda like that woman in France who got the new face)

Attachments

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next, we have some crazy fools who hang around tearing apart one of those high dollar, really rare Land Rover Range Rovers, it was even a "County" model! Ohh!

As you can tell, AFI used to be a union worker and is shown here stopping for a smoke break! The guy next to him in the black cap is the guy who's responsible for my getting into Rovers-you can blame him!

Attachments

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just barely visible in the background of this pic is the frame and suspension that will be used in this project. The drivetrain most likely will be a GEMS 4.0 or 4.6, ZF autobox and fairly stock 24 spline axles for ocnsistency between the rest of the stable and simplicity. It's gonna be a big enough job without over-complicating it. FWIW-there is a pair of 44s on top of the what will be the rear clip of the chassis.

The green Disco is my trail rig!

(I call the backlot, Pendy-Lite. If you've ever been to see the Wizard, you know what I mean)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Your picture skillz have improved dramatically.

Things I think are funny:

You have a marijuana stand right behind your shop.
There's a perfectly fine 240 that's not on a Land Rover frame and portals.
You have a scruffy beard and like sheep.

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your picture skillz have improved dramatically.

Things I think are funny:

Shhh! If we keep real quiet, nobody will notice it's corn and we can sell if for more than even ethanol.

If you only knew the story behind this!

I don't like to shave and we have a Border collie who gets bored chasing the cats! We hope to own the ten acres behind the shop this fall or next! Sheep and pot plants, oh yeah! The pot plants will keep Pendy away from the sheep:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
That sheep sticker is the most valuable part on that 109. Make sure you protect it, so it will be in good shape on the finished truck.

Oh and smoking is bad for you. Quit now so you will be here in 20 years. I'm going to need your advice when I finally get around to finishing my 100".

:flipoff2:

-Jeff

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh and smoking is bad for you.
:flipoff2:

-Jeff
Not as bad as breathing the "Air" that was around when I was cutting the rear wheel wells out of the Rangie.

At the rate I'm going, your 100" will be done before my 88/90. It's between my Disco and the front clip for this project. At least that which wasn't stolen last year.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
I am going to take your internet privliges away if you don't get back to work
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Git RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Dun PT.

I wanna wheel ASAP......

I can supply the "corn":smokin:

john

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
"Pot plants=Pendy repellant"

I think this wholly depends on how cute the sheep are and whether or not they have been recently sheared..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts