Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up my newest project. a 74 chevy shortbed 2wd :smokin: . it has no front suspension, just bare framerails and crossmembers.it has rear springs so im ok in the back. i have 52" springs for the front and plan on makin a 2x4x1/4" piece to go across the front of the frame for the front of the springs, but on the back of the front springs, where the shackle goes, i have no idea what to do. :confused: i have thought of gettin the stock shackle hangers that go inside the frame, but was wonderin if there were any other options. i really need to get this thing push aroundable ASAP!! so any help is grealy appreciated! i have 52" springs for the front, a dodge 60 if that info is needed. pics would be awesome but explanations are just fine.

just to clarify cause i may have lost a few of ya, im lookin for a way to hang shckles for the front springs on a 74 chevy. its a 2wd makin it a 4wd. thanks

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
wait, wait, wait, wait....
ya lost me... :flipoff2:
oh, okay, I see
yes, get teh factory pieces, drill 4 holes on each side and put them in where it will give you a desirable shackle angle.
most people just pull the springs over to accomodate the diff. dodge perch witdth, but you can fix it with the front perches. move them twice as far as the discrepancy to offset the rear being chevy width

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought of makin two, 32 1/2" (whatever dodge is) long, 2" x4" x1/4" pieces to go across the bottom of the framerails, with 1/4" mounts for the springs, and use stock rear shackles off a 73-87. this would give me lots of lift(6-8") with only 52" springs so it should flex pretty good still.just a thought

1 - 3 of 3 Posts