Pirate 4x4 banner

201 - 220 of 614 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Brandon said:
Your going coil at all 4's?

That would be a big bronco right, what coils are you going to use?

on my scout i used Wildhorses 5.5 coils up front and 3.5 in the rear. make sure to install some sort of limiting strap, dont trust that little lip to hold your coils in.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
I'll get an over-all side-view as soon as I move this Scout 800 out of the shop. ~ right now I can't get far enough away to get a good shot of it. Trust me though, I'd like to get a side-view since I'm kinda stuck on what to do with the front tube work. :shaking:

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
I think someone asked for a outside-the-frame shot of the trackbar mount...so here ya go.

I finished up the trackbar ~ looks/works pretty good.

Started to flex it a bit ~ but figured that it would be cool to see what its capable of...

(note: the track bar will come all the way to the frame rail :grinpimp: )

I knew I should have got the 18" travel SAW!

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Bling arrives!

Trip to Harbor Freight got me some wiring help

Thanks to OS for turning me on to BlueSea stuff ~ here's the freakin' cool battery cut off.

On position

Off position (key removed!)

·
Premium Member
9,604 Posts
I have a disconnect similar to that. I got it from a buddy of mine that worked at a BMW dealership. Bimmers have to have the battery disconnected while they are on the boat. I don't know if they throw them out or send them back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
that is the same price basicly but is the double wall type that has some low temperature plastic between the 2 walls that when you use it gets pushed out the ends and seals the ends very well

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Urban Wheeler said:
One request, how about an overall side view?
So yesterday I spent most of the morning delivering two jobs to a couple californians ~ then cleaned up the shop a touch. Then I remembered someone asked for a side shot ~ and I remember wanting one myself ~ so I grabbed the camera and took one. This picture includes some add-on's I hadn't covered yet so stay tuned for some more updates.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Well do to a couple things I haven't been able to put much into Rusty in the past couple weeks, but I'm happy to say that was still able to get a couple things done.

First thing is that I picked up and installed 1 of 3 'Krawler' SII dashes from the machinist, and installed it. I've got 2 more, any takers? Just cover my costs. I was going to go with a standard one ~ and even had the gauges installed and such ~ but then I decided to put a bar across the top and bottom of the dash....so I needed to keep the dash-pad in the *recycle* bin.

Then it was time to start on the front's tube work ~ Here you can see how much I'm planning on narrowing the body up. Not much, but enough.

Then its time for the shock hoops.

I plated the frame with 1/4" angle where the main shock hoop structure welds, then added a back brace.

One from the top-ish

·
Registered
346 Posts
Crawler Dash

How much $ for the dashes? Can you post or E mail a picture of one that is not installed? BTW a very bad ride. Has given me lots of ideas for my 78 buggy that is in the planning stages.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
More updates, I know its been 2 weeks since the last bit, but hey... :p

Steering bling came in. 2.5" x 1.5" x 8" Double Ended ram, I've got clevises from Station coming already (like Cajun's).

There was a lot of tube work to be done ~ nothing major, but very time consuming. finished up the cab tube stuff.

A frame brace near the track bar.

Shock tower bracing...

connectiong driver and passenger sides.

Starting front and radiator support.

Side shot...

Radiator mounts (lower)

Radiator, in and done.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Finally putting the shocks in..

The front shocks are at a 20* angle, so I may have to move them farther forward on the shock towers...but we'll see when I get it running.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Actually, the radiator is as low as it can be, I even *modified* the frame to give more clearance and sink it a bit lower. I'm not sweating it becuase the engine is still the highest point, as you can see. I'm still putting the front skins on it, so you won't even see the tube work in most cases.

201 - 220 of 614 Posts