Pirate 4x4 banner

221 - 240 of 614 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
:eek: WOW!!!! look how far you have come...It must feel great to have been this far this soon :smokin: looks awsome :grinpimp: :grinpimp:

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Actually, I haven't posted all the pictures yet (took some more yesterday). The rear suspension is back in, rear coil-overs in place as well, suspension is DONE (except for getting the new coils for it) ~ Things to finish are: Wiring (got it), New Trans and T-case (Got it), Steering (need some parts for it), Gears/Lockers (need it), 2 more tires (need it).

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Well, I said there were more pictures....

Yes, I'm pleased. I just wish I didn't have another $2K+ in parts I still needed to get! :eek: :shaking: :(

Sean (a.k.a. Station) came through with some ends for the new ram ~ I was stoked.

:grinpimp: :grinpimp:

·
Registered
280 Posts
what are the plans for the engine?

awesome build-up, it has come a long ways. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you're motivating a lot of people into working.

·
Registered
43 Posts
new to talking in the forums but i'm always looking at other peoples scouts. anyway just wondering if you have any updates on the rig. i have one in the same color and everything minus all the tubing the rear of the truck. i really like the way it is going with it and it gives me a hell of a lot of ideas for mine. keep up the good work :skull:

·
Registered
43 Posts
i understand. eventually im going to put my throttle body injection on but don't want to dick with everything right now. good luck man!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
I can't believe I haven't touched Rusty in over a month. Life.

Good news is that Rusty's gears and lockers came in today. D60 Detroit, 4.89 gears, and rebuild kit. 14-bolt has 4.89s (5.13s were on back order till NOVEMBER) and I'm going to spool it.

Just $2k left to buy!:eek: Big things are drive shafts, coils, t-case (let Carl and Dan use Rusty's for Goldendale), torque converter, one more tire, rear disc brake, and steering (orbital, lines, cooler, res).

Gee, am I making progress?

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Big $$ spent this week.

Well, since I finished a job that I had already paid for ~ and got a big finish up check for it, I did some ordering.

As you know, Rusty's Gears/Lockers are in.
From HighAngle Driveline: Twin 1350 CV Shafts
From Supplier: Ordered in the remaining two 42's.
From Station: Load-Reactive Orbital Valve (3.5 turns lock-to-lock), Pump Can w/ -10 fitting, Power out JIC adapter fitting, Filtered Res, mounting brackets.

I've got the wiring stuff I need to finish that crap. I think that about covers everything I need to finish up Rusty. I'm hoping that the long weekend will afford me some time to get some stuff done on Rusty. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
whats the latest on this? here it is 26 days since the last update in which you said you were ordering more parts

is it done yet?

wes

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
I've mounted the new Krawler dash w/ guages, wired everything inside the cab, got the Optima in place, and have started on the AFI system. Man-o-man, the instructions on the AFI kit are vague. ~ no pictures at all. I mean, what's the point of reading anything if it doesn't have cool pictures? :confused: I'm going to do a full write-up with pictures on the site, and all I can say is that the IH world will be very thankful.

The axles are built, D60/14-bolt w/ detroits and 4.89s. New kingpins, alloy shafts, steering arms....just waiting for the junk from Station. Station had a small back-order on the res w/ filter, but has already sent my order off.

The big news is that I've sold the TF727 and D300 w/ 4:1 in it ~ Now I'm going to a TF727, 203/D300 doubler for a 124:1 crawl! :grinpimp: So I'm not entirely sure what the driveshaft lengths are going to end up like.Jesse has my check and will be making a pair of shafts for me as soon as I can get him the measurement.

The dash looks :smokin: with everything installed, can't wait to get it running ~ may even be as quickly as the end of the weekend ~ but that won't keep me from sitting in it and pretending! :crybaby:

;) :shaking:

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Urban Wheeler said:
I used an AFI wiring harness and I thought that it was easy to understand. Everything was well labeled and went together easy.
Ya, I know what you mean ~ looks easy. The instructions are crap. But at least you can *Tell* where everything goes.

Digi camera was bought tonight. Should be up and running by morn.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Damian, Any progress on your hydro steering? With this setup does the tierod have to be in the front or is it possible to run it in the rear without interfering with the links?

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
No progress yet, stuff is on the way though. Can't till it gets here. My system is going up front, you can put it on back, just needs to clear the links, which actually isn't that hard, if you're planning on doing it from the get go.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Alright. On saturday I modified the stock SII dash to allow a hump where the stock heater controls are.

Straight on.

From the pass side.

I installed the guages and wired them. Steppin' back it looks like:

Yes I know that the buttons are slightly cocked, I just put it in, didn't straighten it out yet... :shaking:

Even with such a limited wiring job, there was a TON of wires. And I didn't put the TBI system in yet.... I'm one for simple, so I clumped all the wires into two groups; gauge group and control [panel] group.

This is what it looks like behind the dash

Now I just need to connect all these!
:shaking: :eek: :barf:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Rusty!!!!!!!

Dame, the lay out of this rig and quality of workmanship is by far the best I have seen!! Keep op the great work and please don't sell this one.

Doyle

221 - 240 of 614 Posts