Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Seriously though, read the reloading thread in the FAQ. The guy who wrote it has loaded a round or two. That is where I learned and everything worked out pretty well. Brought any questions here and now everything runs fine.

+1

Chris did a great write up; worth the read!

·
Registered
26,689 Posts
If you talk about Magpul a bunch, TRH may come help you. :flipoff2:
I'm an hour and a half south of there, and am moving to Flagstaff in a couple of weeks, which is an even longer drive.

An easy way to find a local is to try asking on arizonashooting.com in the reloading forum. There's a bunch of guys there, some have been loading longer than many OSR regulars have been alive.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have read the whole FAQ, but was looking for hands on. I dont mind bringing the beer and playing gopher

fj40john:13771536 said:
Seriously though, read the reloading thread in the FAQ. The guy who wrote it has loaded a round or two. That is where I learned and everything worked out pretty well. Brought any questions here and now everything runs fine.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
What press did you buy and what are you loading?

Most of the things you need help with can be done online. There are also several youtube vidieos you can sort through as well.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hornady lock n load progressive. .223, 45 ACP, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, and likely start in on 38 eventually.

·
Banned
5,372 Posts
you will like that L-N-L, its a nice press. I have found that I had to adjust the pawls some to get the best cycling, even though the manual says you should never have to. Have about 2000 rounds through it and so far so good.

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
2,060 Posts
You'd appreciate the progressive more if you had to do it on a single stage first. Takes about an hour to make 30 rounds on a single stage if you add up the time for each step. Still makes the same bullet just takes more time.

If you're loading 45 I do about 4 grains of bullseye behind a 200 gr SWC. Kinda dirty but you can make around 1500 of them.

40....I do 4.2 gr power pistol behind 180 gr lead. Accurate enough for shooting clay pigeons at 50 yards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts