Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill put pics up later

So to start out with I have a chevy d60 front 14 bolt rear 4spd 205 , 350 , I want to budget 4 link it in the rear and I'm looking for ideas kits etc. I'm going to pinch the front and just take the bed off and would like to get rid of the frame from the cab back!
Ideas, forums or anything info wise is always welcome.
thanks and happy wheeling!

·
Registered
272 Posts
we know very little about the chassis it's going under and the wheelbase you're shooting for etc. once everyone has that info you can be pointed in the right direction

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Well your name is correct.Budget and 4 link do not go together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a 1980 Chevy short wide 1 tons with 4.11 gears going to be 4.88, 39.5-15-15 race cut boggers it's purpose ...well browns camp Oregon , trails and mud runs not mud bog events but out by where I live we have alot of good wheeling spots its Oregon Soviet really need to be versatile it won't be street legal and what dimensions do u need with and say from where I want to hack the frame to the rear axle? I am new at this that's why I'm asking

·
Premium Member
14,083 Posts
If you are new to it just keep it leaf sprung, bolt your tires on, and trim where the rub. Get out and start wheeling and figure out things like ground clearance, wheelbase, ect aw you go. If you build it not to break on 40s a leaf sprung rig will go a long ways before suspension is your limiting factor

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well he's not new to it anymore, if he still has it as the thread is 8 years old. lol

I agree though, properly set up leaf springs are plenty capable and far better suited to a budget build. And experience with your rig is the best way to get an understanding of what you want to change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts