1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Team 261 - VP
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I wonder how many Rzr4's will be up on ebay at the beginning of the year. I'll keep my rzr4 until I just cant take it anymore and want the extra power. Where I ride those trailing arms just plain suck, but it might be something I could deal with with the extra power.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
that suspension sure looked like it was bottoming out a lot over the rougher terrain. Appeared to be four normal sized guys which could be anywhere from 600-800 pounds in people not including gear. You are looking at a rig that is well over 2000 pounds all up, banging through the whoops and sand.

I am surprised they didnt crank in some more power, 88hp is quick in a regular XP, but adding in all that extra weight just does seem like it would be as much fun. I would want larger tires and either a bit of lift or more travel. What do these things use for bump stops?

Where are the RZR's manufactured?

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
I don't see the attraction to a 4 Seat RZR, like I don't see the attraction to a 2 Seat Polaris ATV which is nice to get from point A to B but just sucks the fun out of it when you are riding with 2 people.

Maybe in the dunes and wide open area 4 people cruising around having fun is the target market.

4 People in there rock crawling no way, looks super low to ground for rocks too and that long belly.

It's rather large for tight twisty trails let alone with 4 adults ???

·
Team 261 - VP
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't see the attraction to a 4 Seat RZR
Parents. You don't have kids, I'm guessing.

Larry has a RZR 4..so he can take wife and kids. He takes it to Moab all the time...says it does better than his S, because of the length.

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
The 4 adds WAY more of everthing good and the downsides are very few compared to a 2 seater. Even without kids I would choose it over a 2 seater.

I can rockcrawl it fine with 4 people. If it gets crazy I kick them out, but you would be shocked what it will slide over if you pick the right line.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Wish they offered bench seats with harnesses as an option. We have a crew so we can load up all the kids and gear but the thing rides like a golf cart and is gutless. Looks perfect for the average american family with 2.5 kids tho

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
The shocks on these 4 seaters offer way more control that what is offered on the 2 seaters. The extra wheelbase makes it faster through the whoops than the 2 seater and trail riding is noticably smoother.

It is plenty dam fast & capable with 4 adults.

Blake

·
Team 261 - VP
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
14 Posts
The custom stretched ones are kinda better (probably similar cost) and they allow you to put the seats in the rear all the way on the ground, for a cooler looking chopped out cage and lower CG. But, then again, there is something to be said for a warranty :)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I have not found it to be a limiting factor in anything. Even rockcrawling, you just have to pick you lines.
x2, My rzr4 will go up things (ledges, rocks etc..) that my friends in there 2 seaters will not even attempt anymore because the just end up on rolling backwards every time. If I bottom out on the first try I can usually back up and give it a "bump" and I'm good to go. I agree on the lines, mine are usually different than my friends in their 2 seaters; in the end we all normally make it up what ever we are trying. Especially with a spotters strap.

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Plus, there is little if any chance it will ever go over backwards. I will go up sick stuff and if it does not make it, it is super stable just backing off.

I would like to have the extra belly height and HP of the 900XP4 though....not gonna lie.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts