Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well sold my 71 international scout 800 commanche to a inthusiast and gotta a beat up scout 800 and it runs good but a slight problem no front axle!!!! (bitch to load on a trailer) but was wondering if i could use a 77 ford f150 dana 44 on the scout or will i have to get a divorced T-case???? need help thnx!!!

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
You can use what ever you want. However a ford axle will typically be a drivers-side drop were as Scouts are passenger....

If you can fix that problem, your golden. Or just use a Chevy axle and build it to you needs.... seems like the simpler solution to me.

·
Registered
11,609 Posts
no, you can not. It will affect the lateral stability offset interceptor

besides the obvious (wrong side and probably coil) anything can be made to work. Drop in the engine and complete drivetrain from that ford and your golden

·
Registered
634 Posts
Since this is probably not going anywhere, this is a good spot to say I called stak today and starting in february they will be putting into production a scout dana 300 application transfercase. It will be available with a low range of 3.8. Available with 32 spline input/output ect. Pretty bitchn:smokin:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Since this is probably not going anywhere, this is a good spot to say I called stak today and starting in february they will be putting into production a scout dana 300 application transfercase. It will be available with a low range of 3.8. Available with 32 spline input/output ect. Pretty bitchn:smokin:
Thanks for the tech man, good news in an all out horrible situation!

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts