Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got some tires more befitting of my truck......here's the pics....needless to say the rears are gonna work no problem....the front end is going to get frame extensions....steering box relocation and an integrated bumper/crossmember/winchmount.....jury's still out on shackle reversal or not....going to move the front axle forward 4 or 5 inches...either hack the hell out of the front fenders or get rid of them totally and finish tubing out the front....finally got the rock block in to turn the new meats.....220:1 with 16v motor and 37's works pretty good

looks like this new toy will finally get some use:D

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
How do you like those seats? They look real low maintainance and I don't use mine for anything other than wheeling. I sat in some RCIs at a friends shop and thought they were actually pretty comfy.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Looks sweet. I think you will have to hack the front fenders completely off to fit those 37's and allow the suspension to work right. I would just go ahead and tube the front clip.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scwafish said:
How do you like those seats? They look real low maintainance and I don't use mine for anything other than wheeling. I sat in some RCIs at a friends shop and thought they were actually pretty comfy.
i like the seats a lot seeing as my truck sits in the weather most of the time.....i usually end up having to take my wallet and other stuff out of my back pockets tho after being on the trail for a while.....i have the covers but only use them about half the time....after riding in the bare plastic seats the covers make a big difference even tho they're really thin.....i really wanted the corbeau baja seats but i don't think i could stand seeing them sit outside and rot for that kind of price.....maybe after i get covered storage for my truck

the seats gave me a good bit more confidence wheelin also....once you're in .....YOU'RE IN.....don't get that slide out of the seat sensation that i used to:D

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
looks good Cory how are the drivelines holding up

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Rockrat said:
looks good Cory how are the drivelines holding up
everythings worked out well......we'll see how they do with the added tire size and gears:flipoff2: .......i spect they'll be fine tho.....i got a TT rear driveline disconnect too.....i think i'm going to have to shorten the rear shaft a bit b/c it was a little long to begin with.....but i'm concentrating on the front of the truck right now:p

i might be callin you about some bend tech software soon also....i downloaded the trial version from your site....seems pretty cool....i'm confident with simple 2 bend hoops but could probably use the software as multiple bends become necessary

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Dang Corey!! I think you have definately outgrown Uwharrie now. Time for you to get out to tellico or windrock. I can't wait to see it iin April.

Oh, go and check out the retro "gettin it" thread. Take a look at your rig back then. WOW!!! What a difference :D

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
zukiboy said:

everythings worked out well......we'll see how they do with the added tire size and gears:flipoff2: .......i spect they'll be fine tho.....i got a TT rear driveline disconnect too.....i think i'm going to have to shorten the rear shaft a bit b/c it was a little long to begin with.....but i'm concentrating on the front of the truck right now:p

i might be callin you about some bend tech software soon also....i downloaded the trial version from your site....seems pretty cool....i'm confident with simple 2 bend hoops but could probably use the software as multiple bends become necessary
Give me a shout when your ready the rig looks good...?? are you running the adapter on the back of the disco??

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Well now that is looking good! Hey for the front fenders just take them rite off like I did and make some nice tubes with that sweet bender you got there.

Then after you get it done bring it up to Paragon this summer and i will meet you there. Your set up almost the same as mine. I would like to wheel with ya!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
hmmm Tube front clip :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FLEXYSAMMY said:
Then after you get it done bring it up to Paragon this summer and i will meet you there. Your set up almost the same as mine. I would like to wheel with ya!
well....tentatively a group is planning on going to paragon the first weekend of feb.....but i really don't know if i like the cold weather that good.....but we'll see:flipoff2: ......you ever make it to big dogs?......i'm planning on making it to one or two of their events this upcoming year...

rat: i'm plannin on running the adapter with the disconnect....think there's any problems with this?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
zukiboy said:

well....tentatively a group is planning on going to paragon the first weekend of feb.....but i really don't know if i like the cold weather that good.....but we'll see:flipoff2: ......you ever make it to big dogs?......i'm planning on making it to one or two of their events this upcoming year...

/B]

Big Dogs not yet. As for comming up to Paragon in the winter it is a good time but if you are taking work off and it is going to cut you short on time for the summer I would wait untill the spring. You never know what the weather is going to be like in Feb most likly snow.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
How about you stop whining about the cold and get going on that thing. Jan 30 is going to come quick and you're still going to be spraying tire shine. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
327 Posts
FLEXYSAMMY said:

Big Dogs not yet. As for comming up to Paragon in the winter it is a good time but if you are taking work off and it is going to cut you short on time for the summer I would wait untill the spring. You never know what the weather is going to be like in Feb most likly snow.
Paragon's winter hours are much shorter than their normal hours so your wheeling day is really cut short - and they are open by appointment only during the next few months so make sure that they know you are coming.

Flexy, you really should try to make it to Big Dogs at least once this year - run 9, 10 and 11 - you'll love it.

Jackie

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
zukiboy said:

rat: i'm plannin on running the adapter with the disconnect....think there's any problems with this?
I dont think it should be a problem

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rockrat said:

I dont think it should be a problem
i have the 87 model tcase with small flanges i guess....i think the adapter i got from you has both patterns on it tho....i had to change the flange on the rock block to fit my tcase.....i haven't looked at the disconnect but i'd assume it's the large pattern...

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
The adapter has the small pattern in it and both Toy cv patterns in it not the large zuk. You might get away with drilling the disco for the cv pattern if it is large enough or just drill the large zuk pattern inthe flange and you should be good to go

1 - 18 of 18 Posts