Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
You guys are just old and set in your ways, they are gonna make this place more scalable and Enhance your experience and 10 other buzz words I can't come up with at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but the FSB site got a side bar that cuts the screen down about 1/4. This side bar has some buttons that use to be at the top. When you scroll down, it turns to ads. Sometimes there's nothing in it, but it always cuts your view down 1/4. Really sucks. Also, mixed within the threads there will be ads that look like another post. I haven't seen one improvement.

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
If it's anything like what they did on Jeepforum or some of their other sites, it's just going to mean a shittier layout, more ads, and a ton of broken features that will never get fixed.
That's exactly what they're doing.

And it's opening the door to hard coding the ads so AdBlock can't block them. It even causes problems for NoScript or Ghostery as the ads become so embedded in the basic functionality of the site.

Basically welcome to FaceBook, but with less traffic. :barf:

·
Premium Member
30,238 Posts
That's exactly what they're doing.

And it's opening the door to hard coding the ads so AdBlock can't block them. It even causes problems for NoScript or Ghostery as the ads become so embedded in the basic functionality of the site.

Basically welcome to FaceBook, but with less traffic. :barf:
Welp, fuck em. VS can suck a dead walrus dick. Lance and Camo had a good run of it, VS has "enhanced" this bitch into the ground. I refuse to use the mobile version, it was unusable.

EDIT: There are 9 trackers on this page.

·
Registered
289 Posts
So you post this at 1130 this morning and don't bother to return and interact with suggestions and or questions.

Just crickets in the back ground.

This just affirms everyone's fears that you are going to do exactly what we are hoping you won't do.

It’s a bot!!!!
You’re talking to a Fkn bot!!!!!
Faaaaaaawk!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hello all,

After reviewing the above concerns I will answer some overall general questions to try to help ease some fears.

The community will be moving to a highly customized version of Xenforo and use the same format as - https://www.powerstroke.org/

All your key data will be migrated including:
- Threads/Posts
- Private messages
- Links
- Images/galleries
- Username and passwords

There could be some legacy areas that might not format properly so we will back those up and restore at a later date if needed but we will not be losing any main forum data or content.

I am happy to answer additional specific questions for you guys below.

Jeff M

·
Registered
Scout/XJ/Toy all sold
2,219 Posts
holy shit that format is HORRIBLE to navigate :mad3:

well Pirate, it's been a great run. Going to miss all the regulars I've been reading/following/communicating with for the last 16:eek: years:(

·
Administrator
222 Posts
holy shit that format is HORRIBLE to navigate :mad3:

well Pirate, it's been a great run. Going to miss all the regulars I've been reading/following/communicating with for the last 16:eek: years:(
It will take some time to get used to, however, it will be much quicker, more secure, and help Pirate4x4 grow with current Google search and mobile best practices.

If you have any specific feedback or questions I would be glad to help.

Jeff M

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
Well shit. If it’s anything like duramaxforum.com then this place is fucked. :mad3:

Dear Administrator; GFY
Quoted for reread.

I’m posting some garbage on IG frankttttank Mostly memes and throwbacks.
I recently told my wife I was actually thinking of getting an IG because I can follow a lot of cool builds and gun shit. Think this is the nail in the coffin. You’ll be my first friend to add. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
The community will be moving to a highly customized version of Xenforo and use the same format as - https://www.powerstroke.org/
That's fucking disgusting.

It will take some time to get used to, however, it will be much quicker, more secure, and help Pirate4x4 grow with current Google search and mobile best practices.

Jeff M
How about you just write "It will maximize ad revenue from Google searches at the cost of the usability of the forum to the actual members." Thanks.

When you push this update I am out.

·
Administrator
222 Posts
That's fucking disgusting.

How about you just write "It will maximize ad revenue from Google searches at the cost of the usability of the forum to the actual members." Thanks.

When you push this update I am out.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions or field any constructive feedback.

We will have a guided tour, tutorials and FAQ's for you guys once you go live as well as be online assisting you post-migration with any questions.

Note you will also have a dark mode option on the new platform.

Jeff M

·
Old School
1,877 Posts
The new format does not look a whole lot different than the current format to me. Just need black background with white text and all is good.

Any maybe get back into the merch business?

·
Administrator
222 Posts
The new format does not look a whole lot different than the current format to me. Just need black background with white text and all is good.

Any maybe get back into the merch business?
Yes, that is an option.

There will be light and dark mode.

It will also work much better on mobile devices.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
988 Posts

Jeff M
Thank you for the update,
I would like to see VS work with photobucket to restore all images they have blurred out. Very little incentive to add to build threads just to have them destroyed by a 3rd party. imgur works today, maybe not tomorrow. Al Gore is pissed.

41 - 60 of 463 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.