Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The other forum that I'm on that uses this setup somehow has very little info visible at a time. As in, you can only see 20 posts to a page. But it somehow takes a massive amount of scrolling to get through 20 basic posts. There is tons of wasted real estate by design. And tons of wasted real estate on ads. And some more on clickbait ads that look like posts. I'll give it a try. But on rzrforums, traffic dropped way off when they went to it.

·
Administrator
222 Posts
Thank you for the update,
I would like to see VS work with photobucket to restore all images they have blurred out. Very little incentive to add to build threads just to have them destroyed by a 3rd party. imgur works today, maybe not tomorrow. Al Gore is pissed.
I do not think we have that leverage, a lot of communities are unhappy with Photobucket on that move.

However, you guys will be able to edit older posts/threads to update those images and also have unlimited uploading of photos and hosting after the migration.

You will have a Gallery for hosting images and Showcase to act as a garage to showcase your rigs. Current Garage and Gallery images will migrate over.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
16,326 Posts
Yes, that is an option.

There will be light and dark mode.

It will also work much better on mobile devices.

Jeff M
i have viewed this board 75% from an iphone in the past 5 years and even operated a handful of vendor accounts with no complaints as long as i view it in normal desktop mode. the enhanced mobile view is garbage. taptalk or the third part viewing apps suck as well, but i would suspect conforming/participation in that type of platform is financially beneficial.

·
Administrator
222 Posts
i have viewed this board 75% from an iphone in the past 5 years and even operated a handful of vendor accounts with no complaints as long as i view it in normal desktop mode. the enhanced mobile view is garbage. taptalk or the third part viewing apps suck as well, but i would suspect conforming/participation in that type of platform is financially beneficial.
There will be no enhanced mobile view, and Tapatalk will still be an option.

If you hit this community on mobile you will be able to see how it will look logged out. It is meant to mirror the desktop view with auto-resizing based upon device screen size.
https://www.fordgt500.com/

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
29,400 Posts
Yes, that is an option.

There will be light and dark mode.

It will also work much better on mobile devices.

Jeff M
1) fuck mobile devices, they are destroying the web as everybody rushed to the 'scroll with your finger' fat object everything format

2) dark mode needs to be the default, light mode the option

·
Premium Member
29,400 Posts
There will be no enhanced mobile view, and Tapatalk will still be an option.

If you hit this community on mobile you will be able to see how it will look logged out. It is meant to mirror the desktop view with auto-resizing based upon device screen size.
https://www.fordgt500.com/

Jeff M
i don't understand the "top photos" or trending discussions sections.

it seems like the forum is now a very small portion

is all that other shit, obviously excluding the damn ad bar on the right, which is the same thing as how we have our ad bar on the top, customizable?

i don't ever use the 'view newest post' option as i really don't care what is happening in the 6 different jeep forums :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
29,400 Posts
wow, it's been almost a decade since the sale :eek:

is anybody else impressed that it has taken this long?

it's almost been a canadian website longer than it was a :usa: website.

·
Premium Member
29,400 Posts
We're aware you're just here for the coronavirus.
xj

mj

tj/yj

jk --> that grew into it's own fucking site :laughing:

soft core

hard core

i mean hell, 2 toyota forums is too much for most people to handle, can't imagine the chaos you jeep people have on here :flipoff2:

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
xj

mj

tj/yj

jk --> that grew into it's own fucking site :laughing:

soft core

hard core

i mean hell, 2 toyota forums is too much for most people to handle, can't imagine the chaos you jeep people have on here :flipoff2:
Jeep people are naturally smarter, more attractive, and better at solving problems. Hence selecting the correct forum to post in comes naturally to us. I'm aware of the struggle of having the equivalent of a carbureted 4 cylinder for a brain, but being a Jeep person I have never personally experienced it so I can't fully comprehend your difficulties.

:flipoff2:

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,550 Posts

·
Rolling Mod
41,550 Posts
i don't ever use the 'view newest post' option as i really don't care what is happening in the 6 different jeep forums :flipoff2:
I almost only use that. On occasion I just click into general 4x4 to make sure that I didn’t miss anything. Every once in a while I look for complete vehicles. The hell with trying to surf 54 forms to find something interesting.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Hello all,

After reviewing the above concerns I will answer some overall general questions to try to help ease some fears.

The community will be moving to a highly customized version of Xenforo and use the same format as - https://www.powerstroke.org/

Jeff M
That format sucks.

It will take some time to get used to, however, it will be much quicker, more secure, and help Pirate4x4 grow with current Google search and mobile best practices.

If you have any specific feedback or questions I would be glad to help.

Jeff M
By grow do you mean more ads, which is counter intuitive to being quicker?

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
bye guys, I'll miss some of you

funny, been on at least 10 forums, looks like I'll be down to only one after this one cacks

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I almost only use that. On occasion I just click into general 4x4 to make sure that I didn’t miss anything. Every once in a while I look for complete vehicles. The hell with trying to surf 54 forms to find something interesting.
Exactly.

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,090 Posts
Dear Community Members,

Over the past year or two, there have been updates to the environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software this site uses. This has made it increasingly difficult and frustrating to support and upgrade to more modern reliable standards that users deserve. Our advertising experience and certain ad partners have further degraded the functionality of the site. This is not the experience we want for the members of this community.

Members want a fast site that performs well across all devices, to be able to find relevant and interesting content, and easily share through text, images, video and messaging on a secure platform. Our goal is to provide this ultimate user experience to all members.

We will be implementing a new platform to better meet the needs of this community and allow us to provide support more efficiently. Our focus is to create a sustainable platform that performs well, and loads faster on all devices, while offering seamless ways to search and connect. Technology is constantly innovating - by creating an environment that we control we can maintain the site with more frequent improvements and maintenance updates.

Although change can be difficult, we are here to support you through the process. We make every effort to review existing settings and make the changes needed so the migration goes smoothly. If you notice something doesn’t seem correct once the site goes live, don’t panic! We’ll have a dedicated person monitoring as the site goes live to answer any questions and provide support through this change.

What’s next?

I bet you’re thinking, “What does this mean for me and the community?” It does mean change, but it will help solve a large majority of the issues that this site may have been experiencing. We have reviewed reported issues, site statistics, traffic data, and user feedback to help us prioritize the changes and improvements. Uploading an image or video will be easier and streamlined. Ad formatting will change with a new site layout. The site will be more responsive - there is no need to use a mobile skin or special app! Security and user privacy will continue to be a top priority.

When will this be happening? Soon! We recognize the user experience is slow and there are bugs from the outdated software. The sooner we can change that the better we can make the experience for you. You’ll start to see activity related to cleanup in preparation for migration very shortly. We will post an announcement to the community prior to starting the actual data migration. Once the migration begins, the site will go into maintenance mode and will be read-only while data is being migrated.

We appreciate each member’s contribution to this community and look forward to an improved experience for you all.

- Cricket and Your Community Team
Hello all,

After reviewing the above concerns I will answer some overall general questions to try to help ease some fears.

The community will be moving to a highly customized version of Xenforo and use the same format as - https://www.powerstroke.org/

All your key data will be migrated including:
- Threads/Posts
- Private messages
- Links
- Images/galleries
- Username and passwords

There could be some legacy areas that might not format properly so we will back those up and restore at a later date if needed but we will not be losing any main forum data or content.

I am happy to answer additional specific questions for you guys below.

Jeff M

What I got from above:

“Over the last couple of years we screwed thus place up. But don’t worry. We are going to ignore your input and change it to make it even worse.... (lots more ads for Geico & other unrelated crap)”

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
"we've beaten you all into no longer producing content other than bullshitting in gcc, so now we're changing the shit to look like every generic hugbox smartphone site in an attempt to get some new idiots to post pictures again"

·
Rolling Mod
41,550 Posts
"we've beaten you all into no longer producing content other than bullshitting in gcc, so now we're changing the shit to look like every generic hugbox smartphone site in an attempt to get some new idiots to post pictures again"
Sounds like the CA govt.

·
Wheeler
2,780 Posts
Doesn't vss own Steel Soldiers ?

That place was trashed by a ghey change a few months back, If it's going to be the same deal then were fawked .

They lost all of the cool stuff I had saved to help myself and others, all the pics, that place went down the toilet and is retarded to navigate .

I love teh PBBs, and I don't think the new younger generation or the new owners care about all that we have created/done/accomplished .

Hope I'm wrong, please let me be wrong, just this once ...:(

61 - 80 of 463 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.