Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
E. Spengler
3,825 Posts
Confirmed the new format will be Xenforo and exactly like this: https://www.powerstroke.org/

I am out. I can't do that.
It looks fine to me, what's the problem?
There's too much dead space, but otherwise I think it looks, gasp, good? It's no worse than it is here?!??! I am honestly not seeing a problem.
I'm with him. I think it's dumb to change it, but not the end of the world. Looks like a style choice, not basic functionality. I guess we'll see.

I *did* have to go vertical to show more than one thread on the Playskool site.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
I'm with him. I think it's dumb to change it, but not the end of the world. Looks like a style choice, not basic functionality. I guess we'll see.

I *did* have to go vertical to show more than one thread on the Playskool site.
Look at it on a desktop.

It runs basically the mobile format in desktop mode, but with a bunch of shit on the sides to make up for the difference in aspect ratio.

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
Look at it on a desktop.

It runs basically the mobile format in desktop mode, but with a bunch of shit on the sides to make up for the difference in aspect ratio.
this is true.

but unless you're running something stupid low resolution does it really matter? All the desktop displays are wide now.

spend some liquor money on a new monitor.
:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Dark mode and adblock make it pretty damn simple.
Tis exactly what I see, it looks clean and decent to me. I don't want them to lose all the threads and attachments, but they likely will only keep the last 5 years or something. I've been on this forum for approaching 20 years and I would posit that nothing useful has been posted tech-wise in the last 10 :p

UBLOCK ORIGIN ftw.

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Will we be able to “like” profiles???? I can’t wait!!!! Gonna like apeaters profile first!!!!
He handed out my first pink broccoli!!!! For posting tits, which tells me he’s definitely a Toyota faggat!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
okay did the update happen?

or did my cat fuck up my laptop??
Just the cat so far.
Don't worry, when the updates happen you'll see 50 threads complaining about how it's different.

Aaron Z

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
Just the cat so far.
Don't worry, when the updates happen you'll see 50 threads complaining about how it's different.

Aaron Z

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

indeed!

·
E. Spengler
3,825 Posts
Tis exactly what I see, it looks clean and decent to me. I don't want them to lose all the threads and attachments, but they likely will only keep the last 5 years or something. I've been on this forum for approaching 20 years and I would posit that nothing useful has been posted tech-wise in the last 10 :p

UBLOCK ORIGIN ftw.
God I hope not.

Everyone says the flappyheads only want this place for the google clicks...so they've got an interest in keeping the tech threads working!

If they're bright enough to pursue their own interests...

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
God I hope not.

Everyone says the flappyheads only want this place for the google clicks...so they've got an interest in keeping the tech threads working!

If they're bright enough to pursue their own interests...
People come from search engines for the text, once they get here they VSS would like a couple of extra clicks from the pictures working, but they probbaly dont care all that much...

Aaron Z

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
The amount of pure one-click wonders that come here must be astounding. I would think they are going to focus their ad revenue on that. It would be better to have regularly participating members, but that's a dead end with most assholes just using Facebook on their phones.

·
E. Spengler
3,825 Posts
People come from search engines for the text, once they get here they VSS would like a couple of extra clicks from the pictures working, but they probbaly dont care all that much...

Aaron Z
Mostly true, but I end up back here regularly from Google Image.

I doubt VS knows that, though.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
VS doesn't care if you all leave. Now that they own it, they just care about the measly income it can bring in. As long as it is self sustaining in terms of money, they have no incentive to keep loyal users.

The media company that bought my old 4x4 site was bought by VS and the site was converted to Xenforo. User base was dying before the sale and its dead now, but its still up and running because the paltry ad money from random clicks from search results and robots covers the hardware/domain costs.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts