Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Interesting, but as my Jeep is my DD I like to be able to use the rearview mirror (the only real mirror I use on the Jeep most of the time, I look around otherwise.) I had thought of doing that since I want to take my tire off the tailgate, but am too cheap for a rear tire carrier bumper.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
That's a garden hose, if I'm not mistaken :flipoff2:

·
Registered
437 Posts
We have been making spacers and using the stock location, or fitting up to a 33" tire on the stocker, however after last night, I seen a guy going through a ditch, and the tire caught on the ledge, effectively twisting the tailgate and almost ripping the spare from the bracket. Now he needs a gate, and a tire mount.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have been making spacers and using the stock location, or fitting up to a 33" tire on the stocker, however after last night, I seen a guy going through a ditch, and the tire caught on the ledge, effectively twisting the tailgate and almost ripping the spare from the bracket. Now he needs a gate, and a tire mount.
Been there and almost done that. Not now!

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
it's another Willys...
That's awesome. I really like your rear doors. That's why I didn't recognize it. One side of my brain said "Willys All Steel Wagon" and the other said "No dumbass, not with doors like that."

Nice work. Sure as hell ain't no garden hose.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm planning on raising my gas tank at some point, and putting a CJ tailgate on my YJ. Thinking about doing something similar to this.

I just want to figure out tire clearance issues, and see if I'll be able to mount it over the left or right fenderwall without having it bump the hardtop. I'd rather be able to have some room in my rig rather than not, but I like the look of a clean rear end :p

·
Registered
563 Posts
I took my tailgate off and just made a little frame to hold the stock carrier and let the spare hang out the back prerunner style. My tailgate was bent anyway. You had to shove it with both hands to close it.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Do you think that the single cross tube can support the weight of the wheel without cracking the welds at the B piller?...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts