Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished with a new bolt on TJ front bumper.

Bolts on the stock location 4 holes on top and 2 holes on bottom......and made as an air tank.

Has an input on one end from your air compressor, and the other end has a quick release connector for your air line for tires and such.

This will also work with the warn winch plate:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
RudeZuk said:

I have never had problems with them making too much noise....

Mine drive me nuts, clank clank clank all the damn time. good thing they have a reason to be there.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
It looks good, but I have to play devils advocate when it comes to the welded on D rings. How thick is the bumper material? I'm guessing less than 1/4", personally I wouldnt trust a recovery point fillet welded to material that thin. If your set on using the weld on D rings, I'd weld them to a thicker base plate, and probably cut a couple verticle gussets to cover the welded fitting. That way when the backing plate is welded to the bumper assembley at least the heat affected zones will be further apart than the inch you have now. I've never been a fan of welded recovery points be it hooks or rings.

Just my .02

Ken

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
looks good shane........just a little "minor automotive repair" i see;) . nothing wrong with welded d-rings in my book, i've used them like that to pick up 15k pounds.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The bumper looks real nice. The only thing I'm going to complain about is I couldn't see it. THat is until I lightened up the pic. I noticed on my digital that the pics come out fairly dark if I have both light and dark surfaces. Like Solar Yellow and Black. I lightened the last pic up. Tell me if you think it's better and you can see more detail.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
orbitcat said:
The bumper looks real nice. The only thing I'm going to complain about is I couldn't see it. THat is until I lightened up the pic. I noticed on my digital that the pics come out fairly dark if I have both light and dark surfaces. Like Solar Yellow and Black. I lightened the last pic up. Tell me if you think it's better and you can see more detail.
Thanks, pics were taken about 8pm last night....Ill take some more today in the day light.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've found that even in the daytime I have similar problems with the light contrast.

Anyway, would you mind giving me a small BOM on the bumper. I need to make something for a friend in a couple of months. I know that my buddy wants air in his bumper to lighten up the front end. Just kidding, he wants to do an OBA system as well. His Jeep is a CJ-7, but I can modify the mounts to fit.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
orbitcat said:

My camear does the same thing anytime there is a large difference in brightness levels. I am always adjusting the 'brightness' when I get them home and on the computer..

Oh and nice bumper - looks very clean - too bad it's on a Yellow Jeep!!

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
orbitcat said:
I've found that even in the daytime I have similar problems with the light contrast.

Anyway, would you mind giving me a small BOM on the bumper. I need to make something for a friend in a couple of months. I know that my buddy wants air in his bumper to lighten up the front end. Just kidding, he wants to do an OBA system as well. His Jeep is a CJ-7, but I can modify the mounts to fit.
I have a friend with a cj....I can make one to fit it also...send me a pm if interested!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts