Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone my name is Bert Vega and I am brand new to wheeling. I just got my first rig 2 weeks ago and am real excited to start. It’s a 1974 Chevy K5 blazer. It’s just me and one buddy that got into this and we have really no experience. My truck should be ready to go by the end of this month. I was hoping that we could maybe meet a few people and tag along on some runs to show us the ropes on how to do it and were to go. We both want to go to big bear and do some rock crawling. If anybody doesn’t mind hanging with a couple FNG’s please drop me a line.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Bert welcome. Put up a picture of your rig and details about it. That way we can see what your rig is capabe of doing and which trails to recommend. We did a run this last sat up at Miller Jeep Trail. I liked it a lot. Look it up on youtube or google and you'll see some trails.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I live in Murrieta

its a 1974 Chevy K5 Blazer
454 cid with edelbrock carb and intake manifold
400 turb_tranny
205 transfer case
14 bolt rear with Dana 44 (8 lug) front both with ARB lockers
6 piont rollcage
rock sliders and diff. guards
12;000 lbs warn winch
38.5 TSL Boggers

I think that is everything for now. I only had a chance to use it one time before I put it in the shop for the lockers and gaurds

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
sounds like a nice rig.
cleghorn is a fun place to learn to wheel. off the i15/138. lets go soon.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to look into that Cleghorn trail. My truck will be done next friday 6/27. I thinking about hitting Bee Canyon in Hemet area its like 20 min from my house. Then on Saturday I am going to hit a rock garden down the street. Let me know when you guys are planning to go to Cleghorn I also want to go to Big Bear real bad.

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
just a tip, get rid of that carb. edlebrocks are great street carbs but no good for wheeling.

get a holley dual feed[less likely to flood but still will] or a qjet[best choice].

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip I think in the next few weeks I will be replacing it with a Holly 700 avenger. That is what the guy at the shop its at told me I should go with.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome, I'm up in Anza. let me know when you go to Hemet. Also there are some decent trails here by my house. lets see some pics of your truck

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
you are going to have fun with that thing!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you I hope so. I want to build it to be a crawler. There are so many things I want to do to it. The next thing is change the carb and get leaf springs made for it and the upgrade all the shocks I want it to have alot of flex. then I want to put a better roll cage. I want it to just be street legal enough that I can still drive it to go get to some of the closer trails in my area.

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
can you get a better pic of the front axle, i just want to check something......

yes it is a nice truck, looks like a the blazer i would build

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont have alot of pics yet it been in the shop getting a bunch of stuff put on. As soon as I get it back I will take some new pics.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hello ... Well talked on the phone but it is nice to see your rig... looks good... Ya we also hit alot of other trails besides the Rock Garden... See you out there on Saturday...

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scott thanks for taking the time to talk the other day I cant wait for Saturday. I am really looking forward attending all of your guys runs where ever they may be. Like I said before if you guys need any help with anything just let me know. I live like 10 min from you.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Getting my truck back tomorrow cant wait it feel likes for ever since I have seen it. Taking it out on Saturday anyone want to go. Heading to the RockGarden located in French Valley/Murrieta area. Gates open at 4pm and close at 9:30 the cost is $25 I think. Let me know if anyone is interested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts