Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new to me 06 SUT today, took it out this evening to a sandy area to test the transfer case operation and found out it wont go to low range, no lock, no nothing. Seems to work fine on the road in 4 HI, no noise, light on dash stays on, when I try to go to for lock, 4 low anything else, lights on dash flash for a few seconds then go out.

Any thoughts on what this could be? hopefully a simple fix like a actuator, or maybe a fuse? Looks like the warranty that came with it only covers the wet parts of the tranny, transfer case that are oiled.

Also the traction control button and the button for the air suspension do the same thing, just flash for a few seconds when pushed, this makes me worry it's more a control problem than a actuator problem.

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
I have an 08 SUT I think it may be an air solenoid...most likely electric. If the truck was in a salty state expect to have a bad connection.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dumb question...Did you shift to N first?:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
H-3 shifting issues

Hello I also appear to have the same issue with a 06 H-3 - it will stay in 4 high appears to drive ok but will not allow shifting into 4 High lock or when stopped in neutral go into 4 Low lock - the lights flash but just go out and the 4 High indicator just stays on ?? --- I need to talk with a member that has the same vehicle to discuss if I am doing this correctly -call Kirk -519-784-0378 - Chatham ON.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts