Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No idea how you can possibly think a stock 460 has more power then a stock 7.3 ps.
I think my powerstroke is the turd of the group. But driving around town and pulling away from light the 460 has more power. But when it's loaded I bet the powerstroke will have more but I have not tested the 460 with a trailer yet.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
There are also people saying they get 24 mpg with their almighty cummins.
:flipoff2:Hater:flipoff2:

I currently have 2 fords, one 93 CrewCab Long bed F350 460 4x4 with auto and a 78 F350 2wd that I yanked the 460 and put in a Cummins.

The Cummins transplant was an experiment to test and see if I wanted to do a Cummins swap in my 93....

The 93 has 3.54 gears and unloaded highway I could baby it and get 13. Normal was 11. Towing? Towing mileage depended a lot on quality of gasoline. We have decenet gas here in WNC and it averaged 9 to 9.5 towing. Trip to Moab Utah and it got as low as 7 on the shitty blended gas. It has long tube headers and 4 inch exhaust :evil: (too loud).

The 78 had a built for towing motor with custom ground cam, recurved dizzy, D cup pistons, heavily modded D3VE heads, headers and a 650 Holley. It dyno'd with more torque using the 650 than a 750. It never got less than 9 to 9.5 towing all over the east coast with a E40D modded C6 and 3.73 gears.

The mileage was killing me... So far LOVE the Cummins and if I am not towing and pure highway trip, it can honestly get 22-24 :grinpimp:

Still a pretty fresh swap , so not sure of the towing mileage yet, but can can GUARANTEE it is at least twice the mileage of the 460!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I love the 12v cummins trucks iv had 5 of them best towing and mpg you can get I can get 12v cummins engines through my work for around $1200 but the money for the adaptor plates to work in my truck and the time to do it is what kills it for me right now but I do have the line on a 4bt for $200 from a guy that brings stuff to my work it's in a street sweeper but I'm still waiting on that to come through.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts