Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I don't have anything to fix on the XJ, I've been able to start some "fun" projects I've been meaning to get around to.

Gutted and rough cut:

Everything tacked in place. The plug welds along the new edges hold some 1" x 1/8" angle in place, to reinforce those corners.

Welded up and on for a test fit.

Started sanding down all the edges...

The little rod sticking up near the rear of the door is what operates the latch...just push it down and the door pops open (really nicely, actually). Once I get closer to being finished I'll cut that down and put some sort of button on there instead. Also the holes left from the old handle and lock cylinder will be filled in and sanded smooth.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Put in cupholders while your at it. Looks good.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
vetteboy79,

Off Topic, but is your cage made from a kit or custom?

·
Premium Member
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cage was my doing...~110 ft. of 1.75 x .120 DOM, JD2 bender, JD2 notcher. I had to use a 7-foot handle on the bender to operate it...if I ever do this again I will probably get the hydro setup because that sucked.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Cage was my doing...~110 ft. of 1.75 x .120 DOM, JD2 bender, JD2 notcher. I had to use a 7-foot handle on the bender to operate it...if I ever do this again I will probably get the hydro setup because that sucked.
Thanks for the info.

Now if I just had 110' of DOM, a bender and a notcher......

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I like! Reminds me of the Early Bronco trail doors. I wheel a YJ but have a 2" lifted 2wd xj for my DD, these would be sweet for summertime cruising to the beach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts